Hitec Hs-5645mg Digital

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guru350

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i bought a HITEC HS-5645MG DIGITAL but can i run a stock radio with or do i have 2 buy another system i have a tmaxx 3.3

nope, you can use that servo just fine. The type of radio system you run does not have any impact on the type of servos you can use with the exception of Futaba HRS which requires digital servos.

Just be careful when you install it to have the turnbuckles setup so that when the radio goes from full left-right that the servo isn't being stalled by the wheel carriers locking (mechanical limit). The stock radio has a trim setting for both throttle/steering, but it doesn't have EPA (end point adjustment). Which means you must limit via your linkage vs limiting electronically via the transmitter.

Digital servos do not like to be locked by mechanical limit. They heat up and fry pretty quick.

Just be careful when you install it to have the turnbuckles setup so that when the radio goes from full left-right that the servo isn't being stalled by the wheel carriers locking (mechanical limit). The stock radio has a trim setting for both throttle/steering, but it doesn't have EPA (end point adjustment). Which means you must limit via your linkage vs limiting electronically via the transmitter.

Digital servos do not like to be locked by mechanical limit. They heat up and fry pretty quick.

Exactly! Without having an epa on your radio you run the risk of frying the servo if you do not adjust your linkages as Olds mentioned.

so wat 3ch radio remote should i get ...best bang for my buck in mind

There are quite a few FM ones out there for around $100-$150. I've been using the airtronics MX-3 for the past 4 years or so and really like it.

Nothing really fancy, but it gets the job done. Doesn't feel too bad in your hand. It has all the settings I've needed for a t-maxx, savage, buggy, mammoth, aftershock, jato... I run decent servos on the rigs I have now, so I have to take special care when setting the EPA's.

I also like the Futaba 3PM systems, and I think they are one of the best bang for the buck systems out there. You can get the FM systems for around $120 brand new, and you can get the FASST (new 2.4 Ghz technology) for about $180 shipped. With the FASST, you'll never have to worry about crystals or what chan you're on again.