Hirobo shuttle 30. Tail rotor assembly advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjiboy422

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased what I now find out to be a vintage rc nitro heli. A hirobo shuttle plus, (I was told) it’s missing the rear tail gearbox assembly, I’m trying to find one and I can find old plastic ones at £35, what I’m trying to work out is what other tail assembly I could use? I’ve found out it’s a size 30 but that’s not much help, would a trex 450 tail assembly fit? Any help appreciated, thanks

Attachments

• 24896649-6CE9-43F9-904D-1EBB80C0E418.jpeg
    24896649-6CE9-43F9-904D-1EBB80C0E418.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 62
I've not gone far enough down the Heli rabbit hole to be able to answer that question. Hopefully someone in here has :)

That heli is from when nitro helis were much more popular, I don't think brushless electrics existed at that point. And if memory serves, every manufacturer was pretty proprietary as well. So no, a T-Rex 450 tail will not fit. Heli sizing is all over the place, and makes zero sense to to be honest. They should go from blade size, but they never did. At least in the nitro world, the size represents engine size. Electrics, they just make crap up.

If you found an original tail setup, why not just buy the factory part? I'm not really sure why you'd try to make it harder on yourself.

My first flight with a Heli was straight up and straight down. I'll pass on this one...:eek:

Yeah I found out on eBay the 450 wouldn’t work and I’m not really wanting to buy original because I can’t find any new, I can only find old rusty ones at £35, the tube diameter is about 20mm I thought if I can find one that near that it should work but think I’m pretty much buggered aren’t I, gonna have to buy an old part that might break without a crash 🤷‍♂️😂

Back