Himoto/Force RC/ECX possible compatibility questions.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know this is a long shot, but here goes. I have 2 Force RC Warhawk/Outbreak chassis. Both are complete, but, one needs the center driveshaft. Looking for it under the Horizon Hobby part number, it shows as out of stock everywhere, which is to be expected, but, i was told once that Force RC was just a rebrand of Himoto stuff, but, which Himoto vehicles did they base the Warhawk off of? I want to use the trucks as cheap beaters for a couple of young kids to bash on, if i can get them both working again. I found Himoto shafts on a few different sites, but, I'm not sure which one is the right one, and i dont want to buy 5 different ones, at $20 or more each, just to have them all be the wrong one.

Someone else awhile back mentioned they thought the ECX Torment/Ruckus 4X4 parts would work, and i also have a line on a few of those chassis dirt cheap, but, they are on the other side of the country, and i dont wan to spend money on stuff that will just get tossed in yet another box and forgotten about, so has anyone tried it? Did it work?

I know this is a long shot, but here goes. I have 2 Force RC Warhawk/Outbreak chassis. Both are complete, but, one needs the center driveshaft. Looking for it under the Horizon Hobby part number, it shows as out of stock everywhere, which is to be expected, but, i was told once that Force RC was just a rebrand of Himoto stuff, but, which Himoto vehicles did they base the Warhawk off of? I want to use the trucks as cheap beaters for a couple of young kids to bash on, if i can get them both working again. I found Himoto shafts on a few different sites, but, I'm not sure which one is the right one, and i dont want to buy 5 different ones, at $20 or more each, just to have them all be the wrong one.

Someone else awhile back mentioned they thought the ECX Torment/Ruckus 4X4 parts would work, and i also have a line on a few of those chassis dirt cheap, but, they are on the other side of the country, and i dont wan to spend money on stuff that will just get tossed in yet another box and forgotten about, so has anyone tried it? Did it work?
Himoto E10 platform. NitroRCX sells them under the Iron Track brand. https://www.nitrorcx.com/e10nimh.html
A while back I was looking at the Ecx parts vs the Himoto and there are some differences between them and the Himoto parts so fitment is not a guarantee.

Himoto E10 platform. NitroRCX sells them under the Iron Track brand. https://www.nitrorcx.com/e10nimh.html
A while back I was looking at the Ecx parts vs the Himoto and there are some differences between them and the Himoto parts so fitment is not a guarantee.
I know Iron Track and Himoto are the same. The issue comes in when you try to compare them to the Force RC Warhawk and Outbreak. The Force RC trucks are longer than the Himoto/Iron Track vehicles, at least, from looking at the specs. The Iron Track stuff runs from 409 to 453MM, and according to the two sites i found the Warhawk/Outbreak are over 500MM. They also show 2 different part numbers for that shaft, whether on Nitro RCX, which is out of stock, or BangGood, GearBest, or AlliExpress.

I know Iron Track and Himoto are the same. The issue comes in when you try to compare them to the Force RC Warhawk and Outbreak. The Force RC trucks are longer than the Himoto/Iron Track vehicles, at least, from looking at the specs. The Iron Track stuff runs from 409 to 453MM, and according to the two sites i found the Warhawk/Outbreak are over 500MM. They also show 2 different part numbers for that shaft, whether on Nitro RCX, which is out of stock, or BangGood, GearBest, or AlliExpress.
Uh oh. I always thought they were the same vehicles, but you are correct both the Spatha and the Bowie are shorter than the Warhawk and Outbreak.

So this is what I have found so far.
The Force Rc Warhawk has a wheelbase of 330mm
The Force Rc Outbreak is 311mm
The Iron Track Spatha is 288mm
The Iron Track Bowie is 296mm <not sure why a MT has a longer wheelbase than a SCT I think the measurements on the Nitrorcx site are incorrect.
The Ecx Ruckus 4x4 is 333mm
The Ecx Curcuit 4x4 is 295mm
The Ecx Torment 4x4 is 333mm

How does the Warhawk and Outbreak have the same center driveshaft and chassis but have a different wheelbase? ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Uh oh. I always thought they were the same vehicles, but you are correct both the Spatha and the Bowie are shorter than the Warhawk and Outbreak.

So this is what I have found so far.
The Force Rc Warhawk has a wheelbase of 330mm
The Force Rc Outbreak is 311mm
The Iron Track Spatha is 288mm
The Iron Track Bowie is 296mm <not sure why a MT has a longer wheelbase than a SCT I think the measurements on the Nitrorcx site are incorrect.
The Ecx Ruckus 4x4 is 333mm
The Ecx Curcuit 4x4 is 295mm
The Ecx Torment 4x4 is 333mm

How does the Warhawk and Outbreak have the same center driveshaft and chassis but have a different wheelbase? ?‍♂️
There has to be some major misprints there somewhere. I have both an Outbreak, and a Warhawk chassis, and they are identical. Right now the Warhawk chassisis is stripped, and initially i was going to just use those parts as spares for the Outbreak, so i made sure all the parts were identical. Going through the manual, part numbers are the same for both trucks. The only possible issue i could see is if possibly the front or rear arms are reversed on one of them. Every part for either truck starts with, 1/10TH 4X4, all, then the part number.

Correction: After going through every part in the manual, i found that the following parts are listed as different; Bumpers, Rear Lower Arms, Wheels and Tires, and Bodies. Every other part is listed as being used on both trucks. Ill dig out the Warhawk rear arms tomorrow, and see what the difference is.

There has to be some major misprints there somewhere. I have both an Outbreak, and a Warhawk chassis, and they are identical. Right now the Warhawk chassisis is stripped, and initially i was going to just use those parts as spares for the Outbreak, so i made sure all the parts were identical. Going through the manual, part numbers are the same for both trucks. The only possible issue i could see is if possibly the front or rear arms are reversed on one of them. Every part for either truck starts with, 1/10TH 4X4, all, then the part number.

Correction: After going through every part in the manual, i found that the following parts are listed as different; Bumpers, Rear Lower Arms, Wheels and Tires, and Bodies. Every other part is listed as being used on both trucks. Ill dig out the Warhawk rear arms tomorrow, and see what the difference is.
Hmm weird, I pulled the wheelbase info for the Force Rc vehciles from here https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=FCES03001T1 and here https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=FCES03002T1

So now I wonder which is correct the 311mm or the 330mm.

Back