HILARIOUS off-roading tank story.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bortg123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so I was testing my tiger tank in my backyard last night and it did horrible in grass. I made the mistake of trying to pivot the tank in high grass, so naturally it got stuck. I picked it up and drove it around on the tarmac for about 30 seconds. I noticed the tank was drifting to it’s side and going slower tank normal, so I investigated. Low and behold, the tank LITERALLY UNSCREWED it’s drive sprocket ALL by ITSELF in the grass. the track crept off and the wheel fell out. In the field. No wonder it wouldn’t pivot. Luckily I found all the parts and repaired it. Just thought I would share this

Roughly 1 1/2 foot long, with all the upgrades I’ve been doing

Ah ok ,that's pretty good size ,I didn't want to buy one that is a size of a pack of cigs!.....LOL

I just bought a pair of tanks just a minute ago ,they are battle tanks ,going to try to get my
grandson to battle with me as hes been playing a tank battle game on his note book!....:hehe:

1538878664213.png

Ah ok ,that's pretty good size ,I didn't want to buy one that is a size of a pack of cigs!.....LOL

I just bought a pair of tanks just a minute ago ,they are battle tanks ,going to try to get my
grandson to battle with me as hes been playing a tank battle game on his note book!....:hehe:

View attachment 94605
Cool! I always liked to do real battle simulations with my tanks, I’ve been wondering what scale those in the picture are? Assuming they are infrared (correct me if wrong) they should be about the same as mine? I never really knew about infrareds.

Cool! I always liked to do real battle simulations with my tanks, I’ve been wondering what scale those in the picture are? Assuming they are infrared (correct me if wrong) they should be about the same as mine? I never really knew about infrareds.

Yea ,they are infrared ,should get them with in a week ,so I will be jump-in around for that famous sound
of a brown box van!......:celebrate:

I will show pics when I get them!
I been eye balling a tank for the past 3 years just to see what they are like ,I've noticed
on forums that there is a quite of a lot of people that have & build them!....:cool:

Yea ,they are infrared ,should get them with in a week ,so I will be jump-in around for that famous sound
of a brown box van!......:celebrate:

I will show pics when I get them!
I been eye balling a tank for the past 3 years just to see what they are like ,I've noticed
on forums that there is a quite of a lot of people that have & build them!....:cool:

Small tanks are nice, but there's nothing like the real thing. I kind of miss riding around on the old M1 Abrams.

Small tanks are nice, but there's nothing like the real thing. I kind of miss riding around on the old M1 Abrams.
Nice! What role did you take as a tanker?

Nice! What role did you take as a tanker?

I was a loader and driver.

They used him as a suspension tester. More commonly known as a speed bump.

No, tankers weren't used as suspension testers. It cost too much to train us. They used MPs and infantry for that.

Back