high speed basher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmy466

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok so i need some input from my fave. r/c community. Thinking of starting a custom build i have a nice 6th scale truggy frame, diffs, steering from servo saver to turnbuckles dog bones ect no engine, trans, or electronics. So called up my local r/c shop and expressed my interest in a custom build and wanted to pick his brain here is what he suggested 1spd traxxas 3.3 geared way up for top end. I was thinking completely custom with either twin engines, either side by side or front to back havent decided, with two inline two speed trans similar to a traxxas or redcat trans either one engine powering each wheel in back or one engine powering each diff. now kinda just getting back into the hobby but been a mechanic on full sized cars for a while so i feel like i can handle it with a but of online community help lol. so throw down your best idea the sky is the limit we want fast 60-80mph. why you might ask? why not? be specific engine trans ect.

I won’t give recommendations on engines or transmissions because there are too many options available.

I will recommend a single or dual engine (side by side) powering a single, 2 speeds or 3 speed transmission to the diff(s)
You will want to make the rig as lightweight as possible with wheels and tires capable of the speeds you want to reach. If you’re looking for 80mph you will also want a body with sufficient down force so the rig doesn’t become airborne.

80mph and the word “basher” don’t play well together.

forget one engine per wheel, getting the tune on the both exactly the same. not gonna happen. y dont u just buy the biggest motor u can and experiment with porting? i think 2 motors will be too much time stuffing around trying to get a tune right. cuz if u have them linked to the same box its going to get confusing as to which ones giving the bad tune and which ones being dragged down. the 3 speed box on a big block would be fast tho....

For me its only a suggestion go for LRP engine, most especially I've tried and modified my LRP ZR30 SPEC 2 and I'm very happy it run very fast.