Hi, I have problem With Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OmbreNoir

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the RC nitro ... i bought a Revo 3.3 in use ... the guy gave me a demo and it's okay (i think loll)

When I get home, my son tries it .. good start no problem but ... he has a little crash hahah ... after that ... it does not start ... nothing!
But if I lift the Revo and I start in the air, it starts straight up! no problem, but it rolls very fast (in the air) and if I put it on the ground .. it stops!

What do you think is the problem?

Very thanks you

It's a Revo 3.3 Green.. I think everything is original

May be a broken clutch sprig? When buying used it's a gamble. I would suggest removing the motor and inspect the motor and ez start drive. See if it works. Se if the truck rolls ok with out the motor installed. Something is binding when you start on the ground?

Ok I will check the cluch.. Is not an ez start.. it's crank .. It need a big cleanup too

With the motor location It has to have ez stat, pull start or a wand typed start system. It can't be a bump start. Ez-start is the best option for starting.

I see for the ez-start.. for now I dont have it.. you say try to remove the motor and start the motor only right?

Is very durty he need a cleanup for sure lol

128773092_228104938664144_5206243851534384752_n.jpg
132304426_472975467021671_1742940081797030514_n.jpg
133443181_885651162207405_4841924105536530899_n.jpg

129532334_3264193803706866_1907206938307315421_n.jpg

Remove the motor and see if it pulls over. You don't need to start it. You can also check to see if the clutch spring is bad. and see if something is binding somewhere? You can also check the carb needle settings. High 4.5 turns out and the low should be .020 measured with a caliper depth. I don't see a fuel filter. Add one or plan to buy a new motor in the future. I really don't like pull starts Get a ez-start $20 and a wand box on ebay. You can upgrade the steering servo with a 150oz one and a receiver battery 1600 hiMH. Check the condition of the glow plug and keep some spares.

The fuel filter is on the last picture
I Will remove the motor and I Will check thanks
For clean.. wd40 or had another product

I don't see it.? I use super cleaner. A good degreaser.

I was right. No big deal. that's what I thought:eek: and no fuel filter.o_O Better check to see if the carb is blocked with crap and check the settings. These engine's run nice when maintained and checked.
Since you don't have the ez start you can do it manually. Blow on the pressure line and open the carb and look for a steam of fuel. Good if you see a stream. Bad if you have to blow real hard and no stream.

Hi,

I'm new to the RC nitro ... i bought a Revo 3.3 in use ... the guy gave me a demo and it's okay (i think loll)

When I get home, my son tries it .. good start no problem but ... he has a little crash hahah ... after that ... it does not start ... nothing!
But if I lift the Revo and I start in the air, it starts straight up! no problem, but it rolls very fast (in the air) and if I put it on the ground .. it stops!

What do you think is the problem?

Very thanks you

It's a Revo 3.3 Green.. I think everything is original
I would start with the clutch spring that is 9 out of 10 going to be the culprit

I called it already:D

Yeah now I'm waiting for the pieces!! lol

I hope you ordered spares? Especially if you can't get local. I order al my parts on ebay.

I check on the website of the local but the transport fee is too high

That revo needs a good clean and every rusted screw and bearings needs lubed. tooth brush time.this hobby requires work...

That revo needs a good clean and every rusted screw and bearings needs lubed. tooth brush time.this hobby requires work...
Yeah I know I Will clean all parts and lubr after

Back