Hey guys

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you are still with us :) Here is a link that might help you i have been doing this method for a while now and it does help. http://www.panic-anxiety.com/ works for many kinds of depresion S.A.D. G.A.D. and others. Like others have already said if you need someone to talk to let me know i have been dealing with this crap for years and I'm still around bothering people :)

On a side note i remember calling a suicide hot line a couple years back the guy on the other end was aribic i think he got really happy when i told him I wanted to end it all. He asked me if i knew how to drive a truck, i hung up after that not feeling the line was right for me. yes that was a joke.

Many years ago I met a girl at a friend's house who was there visiting his sister. I kept looking at her because I thought she was beautiful. 2 weeks later I heard she had committed suicide, and it absolutely stunned me. No one knew why, and we talked about it a lot.
I finally came up with the theory of "If life is so bad the only thing you can do is end it, then don't do it. If it's that bad, it can't possibly get any worse. It can only get better."
Stay with us. Life is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow.
Depression is a chemical imbalance that's correctable. Hopefully you're well on the way to good mental health.
We love you, man. Stay with us.
See you tomorrow. Promise us that.
Thanx for that bud, i really needed that pick me up at this time of the day. i promise you will see me tomorrow
P.S. and knowing that i have friends here that don't even know me personally that worry and care about me really makes me feel alot better

Last edited:
Recovery day 3, started out as a pretty normal day, woke up took my pill, got sick to my stomach from said pill, now its just time to wait to go back to work

keep your chin up dude ;) ...take it one day at a time ..youll get better ......i know a few people close to me who have similar problems ...the MOST IMPORTANT THING ,is to take your meds ...I've seen what it does first hand whit my mom and a couple of my friends when they dont take the meds they are given ....pills might have side effects ...but the benefits are well worth it ;)

hang in there bud :)

Recovery day 3, started out as a pretty normal day, woke up took my pill, got sick to my stomach from said pill, now its just time to wait to go back to work

Do you have to take it with food? That could be the reason

"If life is so bad the only thing you can do is end it, then don't do it. If it's that bad, it can't possibly get any worse. It can only get better."

Life is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow.

That is great Rolex.

Glad you are pulling yourself up Rob. Hang in there. Keep busy doing something you enjoy. You've got a lot of help here.

I have went through some times myself. Never on meds, but I took St. John's wart for a several years. (Mom has always been real big on herbs, and some of them are pretty good) I think it helped.

My brother took his life about 15 years ago. I honestly don't have a clue why. He had a job making damn good money. Smart as hell. His wife is so damn nice she will actually get on your nerves. I thought he was doing great.
We never were very close growing up. I wanted to go to the Dayton airshow one year, so he talked me into staying with him. Ended up we had a lot in common and got to know each other better. Had some good times in the next few years.

He drove off in his car one day, parked at the college and took a walk in the woods. Don't have a clue what kind of pills he took.
At first all we heard was that he was missing. This went on for 3 or 4 months until they found his car with a note in it. Almost a year later they found his remains.
I can remember Dad doing everything he could think of to find him. That still hurts. Was all he could talk about. He was so sure that he had just took off somewhere and someway he was going to find him. We all knew better, but he wasn't giving up.

I came close to having a nervous breakdown some years later. I don't know what happened, just felt like everything was closing in on me.
It got bad enough that I told the 'ol lady to hide all of my guns. Never had a thought of doing something, but I got scared. Started thinking of my brother. If he could do it, what would stop me? That was as bad as it got but was a year or better before I saw my weapons.

Still messes with me. I had thought about calling him a week or 2 earlier. For the rest of my life I will always wonder if maybe it would have been different if I had called.....

Sorry for the long post. Ya made it this far. You have got a lot of friends and support here.

Life is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow.

Are you taking the med with food or on an empty stomach, Rob? I had some meds that I couldn't take with food or it made me sick to my stomach. If you are having problems, talk with your doc.

Oh digger. That's rough, man. I'm really sorry to hear that.
I don't think anyone can end their own life unless they are mentally unstable. It's a curable illness, but it has a bad rep from years ago. Now there are things as simple as pills and therapy to get past it.
Diabetes is also an illness that's curable with medication, and no one looks down on a diabetic. They take their meds, and they feel fine. Same goes for depression.

Suicide is a PERMANENT solution to a very temporary problem.
The worst part of it is the guilt left behind for all the family and friends to think about for the rest of their lives. What could I have done, or did I miss the obvious signs. Don't feel guilty. There was nothing you could do because that person never sought out the help they needed.

Rob, we're really glad you made such a good decision at such a low point in your life. You'll do just fine.

I don't know about you guys, but today was a great day and I can't WAIT for tomorrow. It might be even better.