Hey guys

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo_rob_1984

OverMedicated
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Whats up guys i just felt that i needed to tell all my r/c family that you almost lost one of your brothers on thursday, i have been battling depression for quite some time and i finally hit rock bottom thursday morning and it got so bad that i was ready to take my own life to end it all,i had the the knife in my hand and up to my throat, luckily i had the piece of mind to call 911 to get the help that i needed, before i did something i would regret. I had been trying to call all of the mental health/ behaviorial health places in my area to try and get some outpaitent help, and i never recieved a call back from any of them, even to this day i haven't recieved a call. I have been put on prozak and set up for depression counseling. But all as well for now but, only time will tell. Thanx for listening/reading

Damn man, I'm glad to hear you made the right choice and called 911 rather than doing something drastic. Sorry to hear though that things are bad enough to where you felt that was the only way out. Hope you feel better soon, and that you never have thoughts of doing something like that again.

Damn dude, thats harsh. Glad you made the good decision to not do anything. Way too young to let this much depression get to you. I've delt with this stuff quite a bit in my line of work, and hit me up if you need someone to talk with.

Glad your still with us man. Depression is the worst thing I've ever had to deal with myself too, its harder to get through than anything imo. The pills will help tons but as long as your counselor is a good listener then that will be your biggest help. You always have ears that can be lent here too, always remember that, sometimes internet friends can do wonders compared to people in the flesh. One thing I personally have found to be a big help, even though it sounded stupid to me at first, is to keep a journal and dont be shy about writing exactly what you feel.

Damn Rob, I hate to hear that, and glad you got some help and are still here. I myself have been diagnosed with clinical depression, and I've been there, and know what it's like when you feel like the harder you work at things, the worse things get so why even bother right? I went through a gamut of pills for a while, but none of them seemed to agree with me. Yeah, they I didn't have the feelings of depression anymore, but just made me numb inside. So, things that used to make me really happy just didn't have much effect anymore. Eventually with the help of some friends ( who had no clue what was going on because I wouldn't talk about it) I found things that I really enjoyed, like getting back into RC and motorcycles, and I weened myself off all the meds. That was about three years ago now, and I'm happy to say, I don't have self destructive urges anymore. I still get bouts of depression, and when I do, I deal with it by forcing myself to either go hang out with the good friends I'm fortunate enough to have, or go do something that I know I enjoy. Like bashing the RC's or riding, or photography, whatever, as long as it occupies your mind for a while and gets you out of the house. You CAN get through this, and things will get better. We need you around here bro. Sent you a PM also.

I'm sorry to hear that man, times can get rough indeed for everyone but always gets better in the run of things, I too am going through a terrible phase of my life but somehow manage to push forward. I hope you the best indeed and glad you made the right decision on the matter friendo

Never went quite that far with my depression, but the meds and counseling do help. My RC Family here also helps keep me sane.

That's an alarming story to me. I never like to hear that someone is down. You got plenty of people to talk to around here if you need it. I hope things get better for you.

I hope things get better for you. if you ever need encouragement just ask. I'm sure times will get better.

thank you all for the encouragement and i do plan on keeping a journal that way i can just write down whats on my mind and not worry about what ppl say. and guys once again i really appreciate you all being there for me in my time of need even know i don't know hardly any of you in the flesh i still consider you all friends

Rob you wouldn't even believe the stuff I've done (in the past) to sabotage my life! I'm talking about drug problems here, but it led me to severe 'at the brink' depression. I've been to rock bottom and back several times, then I hit the real rock bottom! By age 33 I thought that all of my opportunities and friends had been exhausted, but I was wrong. I'm not implying that you're on drugs, that's just my case. I was finally ready to get help and got into a little trouble, giving me some help from the law. I have no regrets doing what I did, it was the extra incentive I needed to succeed.

I'm not saying you should go out and get in trouble, I'm just saying that it's ok to ask for help!! There's way to much to miss in this life, and I'm out to get the most of it.
I'm glad you were able to call someone and are still here today. I'm grateful to be one who doesn't worry too much about things in general and I don't worry about anything that's beyond my control. It's a one day at a time thing, forget yesterday, and don't sweat tomorrow.....keep your head up! I know you're a talented welder and you've got some things going for you, and there's always someone doing ten times worse than you could ever be!

man o man i have gone through the depression thing. do keep on your meds. will be praying for you. things will get better, keep telling your self that

Damn Bro I am glad you made the choice to call and get some help and are still here with us now, things will get better because after reading where you were at they can't get any worse, if you need anything just ask, we will all do what we can to help you get through this rocky point in your life, I can't say I have ever gotten really depressed, but then I have always tried not to worry and stress over things because I know it will not change things and just know that some how things will work out, and some how through the support of the people in your life it will all work out for you.

well its now day 2 of my recovery from all of this and the 2nd dose of my prozac and i know its gonna be a slow recovery but i am just going to keep going and not worry about stuff. . .

Many years ago I met a girl at a friend's house who was there visiting his sister. I kept looking at her because I thought she was beautiful. 2 weeks later I heard she had committed suicide, and it absolutely stunned me. No one knew why, and we talked about it a lot.
I finally came up with the theory of "If life is so bad the only thing you can do is end it, then don't do it. If it's that bad, it can't possibly get any worse. It can only get better."
Stay with us. Life is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow.
Depression is a chemical imbalance that's correctable. Hopefully you're well on the way to good mental health.
We love you, man. Stay with us.
See you tomorrow. Promise us that.

It takes a bit for the Prozac to kick in and does this over a time and doesn't just one day kick you in the seat. take it one say at a time. When you've hit bottom like we did, the only way to go is up.

Nothing in this world is worth taking your life over. I hope things turn around for you man. :)

hey man glade u are still with us......my wife went thru the same thing, and she was told to make journal of all her thoughts. it has been over a year now and she still to this day writes in her book.... if you ever need someone to talk to man just message me.....keep your head up