hey guys quick question about tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou069

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi i have a question , my rc nitro ofna .25 wont rev high is it due to the high needle not set properly ?? last time i used it i turned it on n was working good didnt have to tune or anything and this time it seems like it just gives it half of what it supose to give in speed and in rev... please any advice would be much apreciated thanks

Part of owning a nitro is constantly having to tune or tweak your tune because it will change everytime the weather does. i find the best way is to just try and tweak it and if you get it even worse than what it already is you can always set your needles back to factory and start from there. You'll eventually be able to tell on the fly what needs to be done when its acting a certain way. to be honest I'm not all that great at tuning myself as most of my kits are electric these days but i still cling to a couple of my nitros just cuz I love them too :)

So basically your saying that its not reving high because its not tuned properly right ??

Part of owning a nitro is constantly having to tune or tweak your tune because it will change everytime the weather does. i find the best way is to just try and tweak it and if you get it even worse than what it already is you can always set your needles back to factory and start from there. You'll eventually be able to tell on the fly what needs to be done when its acting a certain way. to be honest I'm not all that great at tuning myself as most of my kits are electric these days but i still cling to a couple of my nitros just cuz I love them too :)

That's correct, and most likely it's due to the HSN, since it's probably colder than it was the last time you ran it.
What's the local temp where you are?

B4 last time about 5-10 degres celcius n last time when it wasn't reving high about -10 celcius
That's correct, and most likely it's due to the HSN, since it's probably colder than it was the last time you ran it.
What's the local temp where you are?
e about

I had the exact same problem, you may just need to lean it out, or return the low speed needle to default. One of the great "joys" of nitro is having to constantly having to tune, clean, retune, crash, fix, break , retune, break e.t.c Sometimes, especially in the U.K the slightest humidity, pressure or temperature change can totally mess up your tune. I noticed whilst bashing, after the sun set and I was driving it back, it just wouldn't Idle, or rev or anything. I tried clearing it out but it didn't work. Anyway the next day I fired it up and it ran perfect. Hope this helps.

Still having this issue? 14 Fahrenheit is pretty cold. That said are you heating the engine up first and wrapping the head/heat-sink so as to retain heat better? That aside it does sound like you're to rich on the HSN. Turn in (clockwise) the HSN 1/8th turn, test, repeat if necessary. If you get to lean you won't see much if any blue smoke, STOP there and back out the HSN 1/16th turn (counter-clockwise) until you get a nice visible trail of blue exhaust smoke. Shouldn't be a ton of smoke but it should be easily visible, and make sure to check engine temps periodically. I'm sure engine temps can be a pain when its that cold, but as long as your tune is good and you can keep the temp up (~210-230) should be all good.

Last edited:
Back