hey guys! half-noob with some questions...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72xmulch

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey dudes. i was big into RC years ago, but havent touched anything for about 6 years so I'm relearning everything i lost through too much partying and braincell loss. ANYWAY
i dug My nitro rustler out of the attic after it sat this whole time and decided to fix it up and get it running again. it has the TRX.15. after taking it apart cleaning it, new gaskets, fuel ect i Learned that it wont start because the one way bearing in the electric start is too worn out which means ill have to spend $15 plus 10 on the starter shafter, which i decided not to do because the Piston and sleeve are a little worn out and the carb seems to come out of adjustment real easy..

so should i upgrade to the 2.5? or does that engine suck and should i go with something different?
Or, should i even bother and just buy a Revo?
I'm not sure if the rustler is outdated nowadays and if its even worth putting much money into but like i said i havent paid any attention to the hobby for years so i dont really have an opinion as of yet. I'm never gonna race it, I'm just using it for backyard bashing.
whatchu think?
word
ernie

ah thats cool. yeah i dont need a 3.3 i break enough stuff without going 60....

itsa always worth putting a couple dollors into it.. considering that any rc loses most of its value after some time.. the easy way to do it is the motor swap as stated.. but i think your still going to need some easy start stuff.. dont think it comes with a 1 way bearing.. but not sure.. if you find your really back in the rc mix, pick up a revo.. a revo is 10 time more fun then your rusty.. but its always fun to have an extra rc for a pal..

Before you spend any money, spend a little time. Open up the back starter cover on your engine, remove the one-way bearing and slosh it around in some denatured alcohol or rubbing alcohol. Clean the shaft with it also. Make sure you put it on the same way it came off.
Unless it's damaged, you should be able to start it now. Give it a try.

doh! 2 of the bearing rods fell out when i did that, i guess its wrecked. I'm gonna look up the bearing somewhere else. i have a hard time believing it really costs $15 in the real world...

doh! 2 of the bearing rods fell out when i did that, i guess its wrecked. I'm gonna look up the bearing somewhere else. i have a hard time believing it really costs $15 in the real world...

Go on ebay and type in the part number in the search engine. You'll be amazed how cheap you can find the bearing for.

Back