Hex screw head stripped

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
A hex screw head on my car is stripped and is completely rounded so no screw but will grab. What’s a way I can remove it?

If you can get to it cut a notch in it with a dremel and then use a straight screw driver. If I had a nickel for every time I had to do that I would have half of my Vekta.5 money saved up already.... :D

you can use a Dremel and use rectangle black stone to make diameter of cutoff wheel small enough so the carbon fiber chassis is not damaged . a left handed drill bit ..heat that loc tite up with either a solder iron. or another way

you can use a Dremel and use rectangle black stone to make diameter of cutoff wheel small enough so the carbon fiber chassis is not damaged . a left handed drill bit ..heat that loc tite up with either a solder iron. or another way
Got a link to a "rectangle black stone"? I've had to do this a lot, but usually end up notching whatevers behind the screw, if I could avoid that in the future by making the cuttoff wheel smaller, I'd like to.
2018-0528-DremelScrewSlot.jpg

You can get an easy-out that size.

Have you tried a tap-out? If you don’t have a dremel that would be your next best option.

A hex screw head on my car is stripped and is completely rounded so no screw but will grab. What’s a way I can remove it?

So what you are saying ,that it is the threads of the hole an therefore ,the screw just spins an wont back out?

If so ,then you can try a reverse drill bit ,keep the bid in the hole an pull on it out with vise grips!

I used a drill and destroyed the screw and busted up the old esc a bit but got it out so it’s all good.

most local stores that carry Dremel tools has this in stock. they are cheap

Back