Here is my 1/4 scale super cub I won at a club auction for $20.00

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psychron

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I ended up selling it for $600 on ebay which was great and got me started down the path toward a bunch of aircraft.

Wow! That thing is HUGE! I have been to a big RC air show and have seen the 'larger than that' scale planes but as a raffle prize, that sure is something! I've never flown anything bigger than the little dual prop heli's... More or less toys rather than actual hobby grade. I don't have the room inside to get into flight. I don't have room for the cars and trucks I have already! :hehe:
Shame you had to sell but it seems like it paid off from what I've seen of your other vids.

Thanks again Mike.. to be fair I haven't even really shown half of what I have yet. I still need a cameraman with zoom capability that likes to work for monster energy drinks so I can do some more videos. I'm working on it though. You know, if you wanted to do hobby grade, Blade still makes the nano qx in an RTF config for less than $80 I think so it might be fun for flying around the house, and as long as it's not too windy she'll handle a pretty good breeze plus she'll stunt if you put it in acro mode.. And that plane wasn't the first.. then another guy sold me all his stuff from 20 years of rc for 200 bucks and I managed to turn that into over 1200 on ebay parting it out. motors, servos, radios, etc.. you name it, they bought it. I had the carcasses and considered selling them but I'm not much of a "hey come over my house and pick up this airplane carcass you bought." with the guys on craigslist and all that stuff. I probably should have in retrospect but hey.. I did good. the background of planes in my icon a5 video featuring my son as the camera man and shameless plugger of his own youtube channel was all paid for with that money. I think he does a sweep of the wall. And I have more motors coming and a stack of dollar tree foam board just begging to be cut up and glued into something fantastic. We'll get there.

I get you with the Craigslist 'mystery shoppers'. I guess I've been fortunate with the few that I've dealt with and not having found them wandering thru my yard doing the midnight shopping thing!
It sounds like you have done real well with the deals you've put together. I'm hoping to get the boys into rc here too. This summer was kind of lost due to a lot of unexpected 1:1 issues. Hopefully I'll be ready to go for next season and get them going. Their school comes first tho. I won't be doing much of anything that may distract them from that priority. It's hard enough to keep them focused already. I don't even have a game system set up here... They will sit and watch videos of the games in youtube! I am the 'step-dad' and kind of the enforcer with Mom. Dad is more of the 'do what you want' guy... Obvious clash of opinions but they are great kids and doing VERY well in class so I guess it is all working out well. If they keep up like this thru the whole year, I am gonna have to do something big for them this coming summer. Guess we'll see what happens. Maybe picking up a couple of those Blades or similar may be in order!

No wall scan in the A5 maiden flight vid but I'm sure I'll get to see it eventually... I try to watch a few vids every night anyways... Good entertainment! I'm glad you mention the zoom issue. I had a hard time seeing the planes from time to time. Wasn't sure if it was my eyes, the screen or what. :hehe: I guess you get what you pay for! Lol!
That ex pilot story had me cracking up out here on the porch all by myself... My girl came out to see if I was ok. :woohoo:
Again, thanks for posting these. Always fun to watch!

Last edited:
Back