Here comes a new challenger for champion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPG

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
I don't know if you know but ...
Here comes a new challenger for champion

Too bad it's going to be priced about 3x higher than it is worth 🤣

Too bad it's going to be priced about 3x higher than it is worth 🤣
In my opinion, all the magic is lost with moving the motor from the front. Motor at front was an advantage of Xv-01.

I just can't get past Tamiya's market philosophy. It's either they make toy grade garbage and sell it for hobby grade RC's, or they make nice stuff and sell it as a kit for twice what you can get a better complete RC built for.

One of the very reasons there isn't any Tamiya's in my arsenal.

Gonna take them a couple more years to get on my tt02’s level.

Love my Tamiya’s.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 52
Gonna take them a couple more years to get on my tt02’s level.

Love my Tamiya’s.
What chassis is that? And how is your steering? I have two TT-02's with lots of upgrades and the steering is crap on them.

What chassis is that? And how is your steering? I have two TT-02's with lots of upgrades and the steering is crap on them.
That’s a carbon Tt02 chassis off Amazon or eBay. Steering so good I had to add bump stops to it. Has twice the range of my rally Tt02r. On my rally I run about 3 degree of toe to compensate for the steering travel and most the steering’s done with throttle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 45
Ours is so sloppy the car goes wherever it wants to. I should have bought the Tamiya steering rack, but I wasn't about to pay $60 for a few bits of aluminum. There are better cars available for the money, and I already dumped too much into ours to make a mediocre performer.
Screenshot_20210707-221711_Video Player.jpg

Ours is so sloppy the car goes wherever it wants to. I should have bought the Tamiya steering rack, but I wasn't about to pay $60 for a few bits of aluminum. There are better cars available for the money, and I already dumped too much into ours to make a mediocre performer.
View attachment 141377
See if you can put the stock steering link back on the front of the rack. Steadies the towers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 42
I will try that. But it is the pivots that are sloppy, even though I have them bolted through the chassis with a locknut. It is the Yeah Racing steering set. The only other option I saw was the Tamiya, but the price of that is ridiculous. I am not putting any more money into it. I'm not much into road cars anyway.

Here you have ours (my and my son's) Xv-01s 😎
I'm not a fan of placing alu everywhere. I prefer alu as chassis plates and carbon reinforced plastic parts. Tracks here are not flat and hitting the obstacles could warp the aluminum swingarm. Plastic is more flex 😉
20220202_221620.jpg

20220202_221503.jpg

20220202_221639.jpg

Back