Help, xxxnt won't run correctly

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

typhkc

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got a XXXNT and i set the high setting at 3 and the low at 2. But what setting for the idle screw. It won't run correctly, it will start but will die when i pull the ignitor off. Sometimes it will run and i will go to take off and it will die in a few feet. Whats wrong??

either your running too rich or your glow plug is junk cause if its idles when you have the ignitor on then the idle is fine

does the glow plug continue to work after you pull off the ignitor? I put a new plug in it to days ago and it ran awesome. Yesterday i put another new plug in it and it ran good, but i adjusted it and i think i messed it up. So its possible the glow plug fouled?

ya its possible exspecially if youve just finished breaking it in (i dunno if thats the case) but also if your running too rich that will also blow the plug

If i take the plug out and put it in the ignitor, it gets red hot instantly thought...

It's hard to say. How old is the engine? How many gallons? What temps has it been running at? What engine is it? Do you let the engine warm up? What are the temps outside? What fuel are you using? What plugs are you using?

Answer a few of these and maybe i can help.

I had issue with this truck as well when it was new. But i think it was mostly due to the fact that when it was new, so was i.

Its fairly new. It is the stock motor, probably 1 gallon or less ran trough it. It runs at a temp of 210' which is very good operating temp. I think i gave figured the problem out though. It was the clutch! I had tightned the spring too much and it was wanting to take off all the time, so i couldn;t set the idle correctly. I ran perfect yesterday, except after i had be bashing it for an hour or so, it would stay rev'd up after i released the throttle...

How long would it stay revved up? You may be a touch lean on the high side, or your idle set screw may need backed off a bit. Or your trim on your remote is off.