Help with Losi Lasernut

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moabrubi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

About to tear my hair out with this Losi Lasernut (wish I would have bought a traxxas) i repaired a broken steering link and after repairing it attempted to use the car. Can not get the transmitter or reciever to work. This is a stock lasernut. All the connections looks good in the car.

No lights flash when I hit the bind button on the reciever. The ESC has a red flashing light (not sure what that means)

When trying to enter bind mode on the transmitter, a green light flashes for a second and then the transmitter makes an audible “beep beep” along with a solid red light, then changes to solid green. Doesent seem like its going into bind.

What the heck is going on here and what am i doing wrong?

Are you following the exact bind procedure in your manual?

Unplug the steering servo and lights from the receiver. Then try powering it on.

On my Lasernut the light circuit got damaged and it took down the receiver until I unplugged it.
Still no light flashing on the reciever and red flashing light on esc

This is what the book for the esc says

LED flashes red with short single pulses LVC protection activated

have you checked you battery?

Just now saw WVN's post about the LVC....start with that first :)

See if this video helps. It walks through the binding and calibration process for your stock RX and ESC.

Yeah just went out and fully charged the battery to be sure. Fully charged 4s, still red blinking light on ESC.

I get to 5:25 in that video and pushing the bind button the the reciever does nothing. No light flashing.
I did try resetting the ESC to default values as well and still flashes red upon restart.

Last edited:
Yeah just went out and fully charged the battery to be sure. Fully charged 4s, still red blinking light on ESC.

I get to 5:25 in that video and pushing the bind button the the reciever does nothing. No light flashing.
I did try resetting the ESC to default values as well and still flashes red upon restart.
Maybe time to contact horizon hobbies and see what they have to say. Especially if its still under warranty.

Maybe time to contact horizon hobbies and see what they have to say. Especially if its still under warranty.
I reached out to them, we’ll see what they say. Not sure what the warranty is but i did buy this back in May. Hopefully i don’t have to use it and its a simple fix.

Replacement receiver did the trick. Kinda surprised it took a dump like that, hope the rest holds together! lol.
Thank you everyone for the guidance.

Back