Help!! What truck do i get???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francis

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am thinking of changing to off-road, and i need some suggestions on what truck to get. So far i have been recomended the Savage 25, Nitro MT, Nitro Rush Evo. I know they are all HPI so can any one shed some light for me??:LoL:

T-Maxx or nitro Rustler are my recomendations.:preachin:

Before any GOOD recommendations can be made we need to know more about what you are looking for and what you will be doing with it. Bashing or Racing. 2wd or 4wd?
What is your target price? Tell us more.

-Ed

Price is not really an issue and i want something fun, fast, and reliable. I am not lookin to race yet but maybe in the future, i just want something to get me started. I have been doin touring car racing till now and i was getting board, so i know about the cars but i am just looking for some suggestions

It boils down to 2wd or 4wd.

4wd you have the top 3. T-Maxx, Savage, and the New AE.
2wd you have the Losi XXXNT and the AE GT.

There are others to choose from but you will find the above listed to be the top performers in their category.

-Ed

I don't think the new AE will be racing along side the T and the Savage. That would be scale jumping from what I can see. :)

I don't think the fact that you *might* want to race should limit your choice because that's kinda like getting a station wagon now cuz you *might* have kids some day. :)

I've owned and driven a lot of trucks... three trucks are tops (IMHO) in the fun category.

4WD: Mad Force
2WD: Stampede (small), MRC Thunderking (large)

The MF and Pede are both wheelie machines (if you want them to be), all three are also fast as hell, can take a beating and are easy to work on. The Pede and the Tking were born jumpers. Next to a buggy, I've never seen anything so born to jump.

However, the Mad Force isn't much of a racer. The Pede can be made more race friendly and the Tking is 1/8 scale and would not be allowed to race in anything other than an Open class. However, with the right tires on the right track, it would dominate a T-maxx or Savage. I've got an electric one which put a couple of modified E-Maxxs to shame. ;)

:doh: Thanks chaps i just have to decide now. If anyone elsse has any suggestions please feel free to post them on.:dancin:

If you want a fast, reliable, durable truck, that takes a good bash beating and goes hard...get the HPI Savage. Comes in the SS Kit version or the 25 RTR version. 2 speed, reverse (with optional module) and has lots of power to do wheelies and can go 40+ mph.

The T-Maxx is also a great truck but it's very fragile and not a really durable truck. I break stock parts on it like no tomorrow.

Back