Help! Tenacity TT Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double.D.RC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone- I am very new here but I am reach out not just for help but to also share my experience over the last 11 days. ( understand this is my own experience and not saying it is the way all Losi trucks are. I am not speaking down in them as soon as this is resolved I am ordering another truck.)

So my beloved TT Pro is in a box and being sent back to Loci (horizon) after 11 days of ownership. Being new to RC I didn’t know what was right or wrong especially once we did not have access to a track till yesterday.

i love this truck- everything about it however I have had major issues. First day out the right wheel fell off after about 10 min. Stripped the wheel. Non available anyplace. Closest shop is an hour away and drove to get new wheels. Had to buy a whole new set till the stock Losi wheels came in I also ordered.

as I was cleaning the truck. I run it hard, but it gets clean everyday after running. I take very good care of my toys. I noticed the speed controller mount was broken. Took it apart clued it together and reassembled. To find out I know 6 people with tenacity TT Truck or Buggies and all are broken out of the box. At this time I have contacted losi they sent me to horizon.

The next day I go out I notice the fan over the speed unit ( can’t remember what it is called) has stopped working. This was me- there was a blade of grass in it and it burnt up the motor. Back an hour drive for a new fan.

installed the fan and decided to take all the shocks off and clean them. I took the right rear off and the shock had no resistance. Took the shock apart and found it did not have the top retainer c clip in the slider. Dumper the out out and the c clip was on the bottom (other side of the valace stuck to the lower shock body. Frustrated the next day I drove back to DE to get shock oil. They did not have 35 so I got 42 and rebuilt all the shocks.
Finally everything is perfect. The next day I had just started to run. Put the truck down it went 15 feet and came to a Stop. I am glad I was not on the throttle. Looked at it and the motor shaft was crooked. Took the motor apart and the motor bearing totally exploded. The only thing left in the motor body was the retainer. Luckily we had a replacement and were able to fix it on the tailgate. Back to running.

So this truck has been a pain in my side since day one, but I love it and have been working with horizon.
Also day one all the deck bolts were 1/4-1/2 turn loose.
I went to the shop I bought the truck at since I decided I needed shop tools and Cary tools. I was talking to the owner about all the issues I was having and his head spun. He said you have a Lemon and it needs to go back to Horizon. I was hoping he would say he would take care of it, but he is not.

On Sunday, I went to my first track day. I had a wonderful time, learned and crashed a lot. Right rear bearing exploded. Luckily there was a guy there that had one that fit so I could run. The nice thing about the day way there were several Losi gus and another driver that had his brand new TT Buggy that I let drive my truck and every single one said it was awful. The turning was so bad if you couldn’t make a corner you had do a three point turn. Reverse barley moves, the receiver and transmitter can take up to a min to connect, even sitting right next to each other. Every single one of them said this truck has to go back there is something majorly wrong with it. So I have independent drivers, a shop owner and myself saying something is off and the problems are crazy.

As far as setting I didn’t not adjust any of the settings other than binding the two units. I did. It touch any of the steering bolt or screw settings.

Last night puts the icing on the cake. I was doing a cleaning to send it back in the original box. And when I loaded it up I noticed there we’re seal stickers in the box. I watched the guy at the shop cut them. Looking closer I couldn’t read them and the. Realized there weren’t 2 stickers, there were four that the box had Been opened and resealed again. There for it was not “factory” sealed, per say.

with that being said my truck went in the mail today after 12 days of driving it at a cost of 50 bucks to ship because the do not cover shipping. I have asked them if they can replace the truck. I sent a 2.5 letter along with photos and they have all email communication I have had with them.

With this being said, I believe in the brand and about to pull the trigger on two more. A 2wd for me and one for my daughter. I am waiting to see how this turns out.

my question is- am I out of line to ask for a new truck? I just don’t have confidence in that one.
Has anyone had an experience like this?

has anyone ever had to warranty through Losi?

I appreciate all the insight you guys can give- as I said I am new to rc and very excited about it- and not bashing Losi one bit- this was all written to help you understand what I have been through with the truck. I purchased a Losi because I have seen how durable they are and how well the perform. My neighbor has three and he only had the common repair and upgrade situations.

I am just wondering if there is even a car here or am I going to be stuck with a 500 paperweight through this warranty process?

Attachments

• 5FA6F458-9EB7-4CB6-A1AC-20221FDC319C.jpeg
    5FA6F458-9EB7-4CB6-A1AC-20221FDC319C.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 229
  • 2AAB2AFF-AFA9-4B09-A5BB-35405D50A7CD.jpeg
    2AAB2AFF-AFA9-4B09-A5BB-35405D50A7CD.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 667A32CC-55AD-4F71-8615-7B3854D800CE.png
    667A32CC-55AD-4F71-8615-7B3854D800CE.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 160
  • 1A4CDE9F-9499-4D10-9B0B-C453B4C6E75F.png
    1A4CDE9F-9499-4D10-9B0B-C453B4C6E75F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
  • 22F7FAC7-EE16-450A-9164-F9383E3B0129.png
    22F7FAC7-EE16-450A-9164-F9383E3B0129.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
  • E9019616-A99C-4893-97F5-AC11D3E153FF.jpeg
    E9019616-A99C-4893-97F5-AC11D3E153FF.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 1B166F30-9F59-4A9C-9AA1-E78DC2D75480.jpeg
    1B166F30-9F59-4A9C-9AA1-E78DC2D75480.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 8EBEA678-B7B8-41B5-97DA-35357D4139E4.jpeg
    8EBEA678-B7B8-41B5-97DA-35357D4139E4.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 155
the thing is once a person being in rc has more than 1 rc they learn that a rtr is not a ready to run its a check every nut bolt screw on rc..in my many years in rc I have seen drivers racers at track pull apart a brushed motor and rebuild it after every qualifying race thats 6-8 minutes on a track and do it every time.. it never really helped them it was a ocd issue I think they never made the A main or podiums..its good you sent it back but I think you rebuilding shocks adding different oil will backfire on you. the esc fan thats the cooling fan on the thing that 2 wires from battery go into then 3 wires come out to motor..it can be frustrating but theres things you need to be aware of esc fans fail quite often always good to have a backup . wheels nuts come loose have extras along with hexs for wheels...good luck in your ventures in rc they can be a (bad word) for some and other have no issues. Its rc

I gotcha- actually looking at my second to fill the gap while it is in the shop. I have learned part of what I didn’t not know. Now lots more! I always have spare parts for everything I do, but had gotten than far with this yet. Slowly building.

the thing is once a person being in rc has more than 1 rc they learn that a rtr is not a ready to run its a check every nut bolt screw on rc..in my many years in rc I have seen drivers racers at track pull apart a brushed motor and rebuild it after every qualifying race thats 6-8 minutes on a track and do it every time.. it never really helped them it was a ocd issue I think they never made the A main or podiums..its good you sent it back but I think you rebuilding shocks adding different oil will backfire on you. the esc fan thats the cooling fan on the thing that 2 wires from battery go into then 3 wires come out to motor..it can be frustrating but theres things you need to be aware of esc fans fail quite often always good to have a backup . wheels nuts come loose have extras along with hexs for wheels...good luck in your ventures in rc they can be a (bad word) for some and other have no issues. Its rc
tntpoof , thanks for your insight on this gentleman's problems . I'm brand new . I hope I can achieve
at least a reasonable knowledge of RC basics before I'm run out of town and out of this forum for
asking too many dumb questions . It's just a gift I have . Thanks , ShortShift.

tntpoof , thanks for your insight on this gentleman's problems . I'm brand new . I hope I can achieve
at least a reasonable knowledge of RC basics before I'm run out of town and out of this forum for
asking too many dumb questions . It's just a gift I have . Thanks , ShortShift.

In general- I have a ton to learn and yes I have learned RTR actually mean Ready to Repair. :). However I do have good news, I did send the truck back to Horrizon and they did find issues with it and rather than repair they are sending me a new truck. Hopefully this one will work better. The receiver was bad in the last one as well as the steering Servo and linkage.

So I am very impressed with their service.
Has a second car on back order and will have my first set of spare parts formitnhere on Tuesday.

thank you all again!

Back