help plz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to nay say Christian, but I run hex drive screws by Racer's Edge and have not had any problems with them stripping out. My problem has been with the cheap tools I started with. As I get better tools, like the set I have now, I have not stripped a screw in some time. In fact, I bought two sets of screws way back when I started having problems with screws, and I still have the better part of both sets. Why is that? Because I got better screws and better tools...no more stripped screws or tools. Now I use the screws to replace busted or bent ones as the appear.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ

I am partial to the philips where you are using them. Although, if you have a GOOD allen driver, case hardened preferred, then you may definately want to stay philips head where you can. I find it more common to strip allens (with standard drivers) than you will a philips head. Just a thought.

Dont worry Sky - your not nay sayin me ;)

I couldnt agree more - its all in the quality of the tool :D

phi - just hit up your local hobby shop. They should have small packs of what you need.

short man - I use 10mm racers edge philips screws - ill get you the exact size in the mornin - I also have a cool quick release pseudo setup for the top screws - which does beat the grubs.

how are the Racer's Edge screws? how many come w/ it? are there any pics of wat it includes?

god nam it!
i wanna get a screw kit...cuz then it\'ll be way easy and ill always have screws...i dont really like the people at my hobby shop...and i wouldnt wanna be dependent on them...and plus...when I'm out bashing id want screws so i could replace them if i loose them

Then get the kit - Like i was suggesting, Racers Edge, Associated and even Dubro all make good screws. I like the racers edge myself. Most of them are black in the small packs. But get the big kit. Like you said, you will always have some on hand.

Still get some good tools tho if you can.

As I said, I like the Racer's Edge screws. I buy the hardened steel or stainless steel. They sell them as a complete replacement set for the T-Maxx. They include all screws in all sizes to replace the entire screw set on your Maxx. They even come with allen wrenches for the set, but I have stripped several of theres on lesser screws. Get the screw set and a good tool set and you'll be right as rain.

I'll see if I can dig up an image or two, but as Christian said...any LHS worth a salt will have the sets in question and they run about $30-40 depending on which brand and which set you buy.

re4978.jpg

is an image of the set I bought two of. It is a complete T-Maxx set.

http://www.racers-edge.com/

is their homepage...

Last edited:
Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ

Still get some good tools tho if you can.
I'm going to get those two hex drivers and the racers edge kit

If I was going to buy more tools I would get the Craftsman tools. They are just as good as Snap-On, half the price and still have a no questions asked lifetime warranty.

Prices are as follows:

That ENTIRE craftsmen set is 50 bucks

BOTH OFNA sets are 'approximately' 40$ each set. Pricey, yes, but worth it, ABSOLUTELY! Any hex driver made from Drill Blanks is going to be about as strong as you can get. Considerring we use sizes as small as .050 then you will want the strongest you can get. Simply due to standard hex drivers rounding (particularly with the smaller sizes)

Phiber - Yes, its a good thing to tell them I referred you ;) I do a lot of business with them.

wait...so those are the only drivers i should get? or should i get more sizes?

and the racers edge kit..i only need ONE of them right? that will have enuff screws to replace every screw in the truck once right? and its a hex screw set right?

No El - unfortunately not. However, they are just darn good business people and I will only refer people to a place of business thats good. Heck, you dont even have to mention my name. They would laugh anyways, I'm not your ordinary everyday kind of guy. A little nut actually. But I have to reserve that for a nonpublic arena hehehehe.....

The one metric OFNA set is all you will need for your maxx. The standards come in to play with something like a Team Losi who uses all standards on the whole kit. It just depends on your needs. I bought the craftsmen set as it made a nice addition (and had the BIG drivers for things like the pillow ball retainers) and can be used on my real cars.

The screw set should be fine. Dont go overboard, unless you have the cash to.

so i should order ofna metric set....which is $40 and a racers edge screw set?

The OFNA's are AT MOST 40$ - I'm certain you will get them for less. At some time I know I have seen the set for 30$ or so. Yes - the metric set for the maxx. Yes, 1 set of screws should be enough to get you going. If you need more you can get them.

Ill post a 'screw' tip post tomorrow for shocks. You can see how I put the DubRo screws to GREAT use ;)

Please let this post die and start a new one.. Thanks X

lol - why? Isnt thorough good? hehehehe

this post has gone from engine removal....clutch removal, to fuel discussion, to what pipe is good, to what i need to do to fit an AE pipe, to what set of screws to buy and tools...not bad for 6 pages rite?

Just think of how many tool tips I am going to make out of this post alone!

;)

I thought this was a tool tip thread...I need to go back and read page one...;)

ROFLMAO @ El..... Such a wiseguy!

Ok, I will stop with the tips in the post and just move them all to the 'tip & trick' section of the site.

Juz for you X