help plz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dremel is a PERFECT cutting tool! Just make dang sure you have the goggles on!

You may want to double check, when you get the header, that is in fact how much you need to cut. Some of the AE pipes are different. Just a thought. Or, take in your maxx with you, and ask them to cut for YOUR setup ;)

oh ok..ill cut it w/ my dremel then...
I'm soo pissed...two screws that attach the front end to the chassis are stripped...and i need to take them off so i can put in new buckleheads cuz i broke the ones i have

where can i find a $30-$40 screw set? I'm gettin really really fustrated with these sh!t screws

Consider the screwdriver - NOT the screws. For now, get yourself some plain ole Dubro screws from your LHS. Racers Edge and Associated also make some nice replacements that are inexpensive.

The reason I'm telling you is this:

Until you get a #2 Metric screwdriver, you will not realize how important the right tool is. I INSIST that a #1 and a #2 METRIC screwdriver are the two most essential tools to have in your box.

Check em out and let me know what you think ;)

well you have any ideas for me to take out these stripped screws?

they are the screws that are attaching the front buckleheads to the chassis...i can't take my dremel and cut a straight line for a flat head cuz they chassis would get cut too
where can i get a #2 and #1 metric screwdriver?

omg ...i found a set of bits..and found the #2 bit...and the screw came RIGHT out...w00tt!!! I'm so happy...i still want the stronger screw set...cuz this screw set is soo weak...all the screws in my front end are bent from a collision

As El said - some EZ out works. If need be, drill the heads. Just dont use a drill bit the same size as the head, you only want to use a bit that is the same size as the screw itself. 'Screw-out' by Craftsmen is truely a good tool kit to have in this situation.

Sears, HomeDepot or Lowes should have the 1 & 2 metrics for you.

For whatever reason, you can take almost ANY TMaxx screw and put it on the end of one of these screwdrivers (most of the time the #2) and they will stay put. And thats WITHOUT a magnetic head ;)

metric screwdrivers, never occurred to me, ha, gotta get me some.

I know that there's a huge difference in allen keys. I've messed up quite a few metric allen head screws using american keys.

What's the best option for getting to those lower shock tower mounting screws. I've had those in and out about 3 times now and the heads are looking bad. Some sort of pivoting angle thingy?

rcnitrotalksig.gif

Dude, that is cooler than cool beans!

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
As El said - some EZ out works. If need be, drill the heads. Just dont use a drill bit the same size as the head, you only want to use a bit that is the same size as the screw itself. 'Screw-out' by Craftsmen is truely a good tool kit to have in this situation.

Sears, HomeDepot or Lowes should have the 1 & 2 metrics for you.

For whatever reason, you can take almost ANY TMaxx screw and put it on the end of one of these screwdrivers (most of the time the #2) and they will stay put. And thats WITHOUT a magnetic head ;)
i still want to order a set of screws...for extra use...and as i break parts ill replace them w/ hex screws....but R/C raven has a stainless steel hex set for $23 you think thats good?
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?pn=RAV1950

Price looks good for what you get. What kind of drivers do you use for you allens?

Keep in mind on screws - You want to use buttonheads, flat heads, hex heads, philips and machine head (as well as others) where they are needed only. For instance, you wouldnt want to use button heads where you connect the bulkheads to the chassis. Etc..

I am partial to the philips where you are using them. Although, if you have a GOOD allen driver, case hardened preferred, then you may definately want to stay philips head where you can. I find it more common to strip allens (with standard drivers) than you will a philips head. Just a thought.

Sorry if I seem too thorough :confused:

hmm right now I'm not too sure...i used a black and decker 18 screw bit set and from #1 and #2 screw bits...they took the stripped screw right out!
so for now...i guess ill stay w/ this

Well thats good then - you didnt strip them nearly as bad as you could have.

I'm going to post some pics of some nice driver sets - these are the 4 sets I use now.

Sears Item #00946288000
Mfr. Model #46288
00946288000-dlv.jpg

OFNA - Part # 10813
toolset-10-10813.jpg

OFNA - Part # 10814
toolset-8-10814.jpg

The OFNA sets are the best I've used yet! The Craftsmen set is great too when you need that kind of handle/leverage. All 4 sets are guarenteed forever. So if they snap - well, its free. But the best part is when a .050 head is stripped (with a normal driver) and you Drop the OFNA in and it pulls it right out. Probably similar to when you pulled the screw out with the #2 Philips.

Ill find the screwdrivers online somewhere.

I like the Craftsman set...I think a trip to Sears is in my future...thanks for posting that image...;)

Put the $$$ towards the tools. Only buy the screws you NEED. Think about this for a minute, you could buy 1 whole set of OFNA drivers (or both sets of craftsmen) and the screws you need and still have enough left for a couple bearrings. If you use the right tools, the only screws being replaced will be the ones for a bash session gone wrong. Even then, it would take a LONG time to use that set your getting there, unless you were decorating for a show truck.

Sky - they arent made from drill blanks, BUT, they ARE CRAFTSMEN :D I use them on the 1:1 cars too.

Ok - well I havent found an LHS online yet that sells the ones I use. I have however, found a link to them with part #\'s.

Heres a link to a site with a lot of their stuff listed.

Manufacturer: Hozan

Part # - D-150-75
Size - #1 Philips head

Part # - D-155-100
Size - #2 Philips head

narrowshaftdrivers.jpg

My LHS will ship them to you if need be. They ship everything actually. Here is there link. I can PM you the number if you want it. I know he has them in stock now.

http://www.fieldshobby.com/

so...where do i buy the screws i need from?
and wait..should i get only the phillips #2 and #1s?

that site doesn't have the tools there does it?

If you call my LHS, tell them you want those 2 part #'s (call them the ultimate philips screwdrivers and they will know right away) and just get them through there. I can't find them for sale anywhere else. Yes, get just the 2 they have, you shouldnt need any others. The #1 even works just fine inside the diff cases.

http://www.neiparts.com/tech_tools/hozan/driver2.php

This is a link to a catalog of part #'s by Hozan. But I didnt see where the pricing was, much less where to buy.

716-681-6440
Fields Hobby
M-F 11-7 Eastern Time
Sat - 12-5 i think

Tell em you know me - they will laugh I'm sure hehehe

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ

Tell em you know me - they will laugh I'm sure hehehe
if i tell them that i kno you is it a good thing or a bad thing? :cheerful:

now...tell me...where should i get replacement screws for the screws i bent in my umm....fight with the cinderblock . ..