help plz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racer's Edge made the set of screws you are speaking of Pirata. I bought a set myself a while back.

Last edited:
i need more help now...i get an AE pipe...and its too big to fit!!! it hits the recv. box

Try pushing the pipe out to the side more. It will rub on the body but will not do anything aside from that.

i dont think that will work...it will either need to be pushed all the way to the side

It does because it's how I had mine setup until I got another exhaust pipe. I used this setup without any problems and used hose clamps to hold it in place.

What header are you running? The DuraTrax header is a GREAT combo with that pipe. At least I like it.

Either way, I found that I had to cut the header to get it to fit nicely. Whatever you do, just make sure there is NO METAL TO METAL contact bouncing around. The header definately should NOT be touching the pipe. So cut enough.

Rubbing metal at high speeds generates RF interference and can toss your ride into oblivion :(

how should i cut the metal? I'm running stock pipe rite now..how much is that duratraxx header

Duratrax header will run you about 12 bucks on average. It is a big tube header, which in your case, means that it will MATCH the intake of the AE pipe perfectly. It is also very well port matched with any mill.

Whether you are cutting the DuraTrax or the Stock header, make sure you use a metal cutting saw blade. Hack saws or hobby saws (made for metal or multipurpose) work very well. Make sure you wear goggle as little chips can fly and be prepared to wipe up the area with a wet paper towel. You dont want to use your hand to wipe up metal shavings ;)

I cut about 3/4 inch off my header. I left my pipe 100% intact.

so i should cut off about 3/4 inch off a duratraxx header to make it work perfectly?

i dont have a hack saw so ill make my friend do it for me

Last edited:
Just cut off enough to make sure the pipe doesn't come in contact with either the header or the RX box. Leave at least 1/4 inch space for both.

hm...so its trial and error?
or measure twice and cut once? lol

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Make sure you wear goggle as little chips can fly and be prepared to wipe up the area with a wet paper towel. You dont want to use your hand to wipe up metal shavings
Who died and made you the safety officer? I always looked forward to squinting and praying that I didn't get anything into my eyes!

Man I can't agree with you more on the goggles thing...I was working on one of my saws today...cutting a bunch of framing lumber for a bathroom remodel. I thought I was good to go with the safety glasses...I was wrong...so much sawdust in the air, my vac system couldn't handle it and it got around the glasses and in the eyes...next investment for the shop is a pair of full surround goggles or glasses...sawdust in the eyes hurts...I imaging metal flecks can only be worse...

will the big tube header work w/ pro-line susp?

another question...would this pipe by rubbing on the chassis cause RF interference?

The DuraTrax header should work with ALL suspensions that I've seen. I have yet to hear of it not. The NJBTH on the other hand does interfere slightly.

Any metal to metal contact that 'clanks' or 'rubs' during operation can cause RF problems. The new AE pipe should have a mounting hole on the end of it. You may have to get a piece of piano wire or linkage rod to make the mount. If you do not have the mounting hole you can still make a mount to keep the pipe off the chassis. You will 'wrap' the pipe with the wire. Be sure to use fuel line around the wire as well if you decide to go with this method.

Hope this helps.........

thanks man...when i buy the header ill just tell the hobby shop people to cut 3/4 of an inch off..cuz the only cutting tool i have is a dremel...and that would be hard to cut a header w/