Help on starting my nitro truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mende

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi when i started up my nitro truck the throttle would not work, it would just rev the engine but the truck would not move. Now when i tried to pump fuel through to the engine it would suck in any fuel someone please help?

Couple questions - What kind of truck will help. Did you just buy and was it new or used? If you can start and rev without the truck moving it sounds like you could have a problem with your clutch assembly

It has been used a fair bit, this is what type it is http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HSP-TORN...Radio_Controlled_Vehicles&hash=item5d2cdd76d4 the last time it worked was when i took it out at a farm then when i tried to start it it would just start reving. I left it for a week then i tried to pump fuel into the engine to try start it up and the fuel would not go through to the engine it was blocked but i have no idea why?

unfortunately I've never dealt with HSP before but from what I've read they arent of the strongest of quality. I would look at resealing the engine for starters and then putting the carb back to stock settings and go from there

No parts and poor quality. You might try looking at AMain Hobbies or Tower Hobbies on line.

ok thanks for that because I'm new to RC so i didn't know so thanks.

whats a good brand because on the site you told me to go on there expensive I've got a budget of $400 i want to by one with more then 26 cxp

Agreed with Hamz but I think the order should go Associated, HPI, Traxxas, Axial (not that you would have alot to choose from), and then Losi. If you were to purchase any 1 of these 5 I think you would probably have a solid quality vehicle with plenty of aftermarket capabilities.

I didn't really list in any particular order.

Thank you for helping.

I wanted to ask is the HPI Racing Nitro RS4 3 EVO+ 2.4GHz RTR w/BMW M3 GT2 any good

Last edited:
Need to know if its good because my cousin is more experienced at RC cars he wanted me to ask if it's good?

Last edited:
I have a hpi rsa 3 evo with a cuda top on it and just make sure you go through and use locktight on most of the screws and rerun one of the fuel lines it is a pretty good little on-road rig, you just need to make sure you clean the area if you plan on going really fast because a small rock can send you sailing at high speeds!!! I have had it happen from a rock.

But I love that little rig!! I was going to trade it at first because I had a problem with the roto start ( so I would recomend going to pulstart) and the kids made me keap it instead of trading it off and now I wouldnt trade it off at all I would sell one of the 4 maxx's I have first and I love my maxx's!!!

Did you ever find out what was wrong with your rig??? that you origionaly posted about???

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with anything HPI. Their stuff is tough dependable and very well made. Traxxas stuff is a little more user friendly but lacks I think personally in durability. It takes some upgrades and good aftermarket stuff to make a T-MAXX as stout as Savage is out of the box. I dont really know that much about Losi or the others. These are the only 2 brands I have had any expierience with.

I was meaning to ask what is the difference between a CXP motor and a SH motor?