Help on flat slide carb on picco

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro robbo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys I need some help here. never seen a carb like this before.been told it was a race motor all I know is that it's a picco not sure what size the motor is and how the hell do I tune the carb any help or lots of help would be appreciated cheers to all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 218
Looks to be a slide carb. Install the engine, set your idle gap to 1mm. I would go with lsm flush and hsn 3 1/2-4 turns out from bottom. Should be close enough to crank, then fine tune. Good luck!

The lsn and hsn look like there next to each other?? Or is the hsn in its normal place.can't figure out which is which for the life of me. Normally the lsn is on the slide. And the idle is on the little screw. Arghhh would u know where I could get a manual for this carb??

When you are looking at it, the hsn is mostly vertical. Now, as the slide is horizontal, the lsn is also. Look below the hsn but at a horizontal plane. Should be there slightly recessed. I hope this helps. I'm going to do an image search and see if we can find out the brand.

When you are looking at it, the hsn is mostly vertical. Now, as the slide is horizontal, the lsn is also. Look below the hsn but at a horizontal plane. Should be there slightly recessed. I hope this helps. I'm going to do an image search and see if we can find out the brand.

With all the research I've done I think I found what carb it is.I believe it's a picco torque flat slide carb.Speaking to my older brother yesterday and he said the carby looks like it's set up like a chainsaw motor if that's any help.I also sent picco a email to see if they can help me a little more.But I'm still open to any ideas.I would of thought I would have more replys on here.I guess the setup isn't that popular. That's got me worried.

One thing for sure, carbs are relatively cheap. Go with one you know! I've got five or six in a zip lock bag in my workstation. Did any of my ideas work for you?