HELP NEEDED PLEASE - Can’t figure out how everything connects

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RicoBanderez

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all,
Please help.
I’m connecting up the electronics and i can’t figure it all out.
Please see pictures.

I have 2 x Savox servos which I can easily tell how they connect to the Spektrum 415 receiver but where I’m coming unstuck is the on / off switch and the LIPO battery. The battery has a second connector which has a 3rd wire and a different connector fitting to everything else ... then the on off switch also has different fittings... have I bought the wrong bits or am I missing something?

Thanks folks

AC15D097-79A9-4A56-890A-293BFFA22888.jpeg
61B18724-FF58-494C-BCE5-9D68EAA61678.jpeg
241FE066-58F8-48DD-8A7C-118A02633D1D.jpeg
AF726A66-6D14-4047-9729-D827F6A2323A.jpeg

connections should be battery-> on / off switch-> to receiver (aux channel slot).
then from the receiver: steering servo goes to channel one, throttle goes to channel 2. (this is typically the case for both electric and nitro vehicles.)

more or less an FYI for connectors shown above-
red type= known as JST type connector commonly
black type=known as JR type connector commonly
White battery connector=known as a Molex connector.
Edited:
White connector - this is a balance plug for Lipo batteries, will not go to your vehicle. this goes to the charger only.
it looks like you should just need to cut the Red (JST) plug off the power switch and swap it for a black (JR Style) connector. or see below adapter that you can use.

will say the fewer adapters the better, less chance of something to come unplugged while in use.

Adapters:
https://www.amazon.com/Homyl-Female-Connector-Adapter-Helicopter/dp/B07B4V79V1

Last edited:
The red plug on the switch is used for plugging in a conventional battery pack like a 4 cell battery box or NiCad style ,
I believe its old style Kyosho connector ,t white plug ,I don't know what that is used for!

Some times the switches will have extra wire plug for a charger ,a couple of my RC's have one ,like My 1/8 scale Mantis!

I could be wrong here, but I believe that first slot in the receiver BND is only used for binding the radio to the receiver.

As mentioned you will likely need some adapters to convert from JST to Futaba style connectors.

Hi all, this ended up being really easily solved.
The dynamite switch went into the Spektrum 415 receiver easily so all I needed was to trim the other end of the switch wire connector so it would fit. The Lipo battery was only using two of the three sections of the connector so a simple trim with my hobby knife is all that was needed.
Simples

Back