help needed new to rc nitro and having problems breaking in engine.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r3ed0

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi
Please can you help me i have just purchased a HSP Bazooka with a 0.21 engine. I have done everything that is says in the instructions (needle valve 2.5 turns from closed)about pre starting the buggy. I managed to get the buggy started after a little bit of priming, it then ran for about 3-4Min's then started to cough and splutter a little then cut out. We then struggled to get fuel down the fuel line even when priming it, the fuel would come down the line to the carb then return half way back down the fuel line. I had to open the needle valve some more then prime it again, it would then maybe work and put the fuel into the carb. Finally when i did get the fuel line full the car would just do the same as the above we did this 3-4 times then gave in and i am now needing your help!
Please please help, my young son is so upset his daddy can't get the buggy to go.
Many thanks
Steve Reed

Heat the engine with a hair dryer. Get it as warm as possible. It may need leaned a bit too. Lean the low speed needle by about one hour. What's the weather like where your at?

Hi
i am in the England so the weather is wet wet wet but it is dry today so i will give it a go. Hope it works thanks
Steve

Try to check if your fuel lines have air leak, and your fuel thank, and even your engine might have air leak, if no just try to clean your carburetor. and adjust it again to factory settings.