help me please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiMaH

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i have a team associated rc car and the esc is acting funny i drove it in a tiny puddle and the esc isn't working properly idk if it's fried or not it turns on but it goes and when i turn it off it still goes but when i turn it back on i have no control over the motor only the steering can you please help me?

Yeah, id say you messed it up timah.

From here on out until we get it figured out for you, dont plug it back in to any sort of battery.

Remove your ESC from your car and open the case up, let it air out and dry.
Did your receiver get wet as well?

no it didn't

---------- Post added at 4:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:41 PM ----------

oh wait it got a little wet.

---------- Post added at 4:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:42 PM ----------

but not very much.

---------- Post added at 4:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:54 PM ----------

it happend a couple days ago to.

have you opend everything up and dried it all the way out????use a fan or something to try and speed things up while it is all apart... and I would go and get traxxas water resistant stuff i have gotten my stuff wet alot and still works..... well I have castle creations so i am a little more carefull with that then i am the rest.....

okay i'll do that how much will this cost me?

Open up the esc and receiver case and spray some wd-40 on the electronics. I have saved many esc's and receivers by doing that.

thats what I was trying to remember.. thanks mudslinger good idea!!!!!

okie dokie i'll do that thanks :p

---------- Post added at 7:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:24 AM ----------

do i spray it all over both sides?
of the esc and radio reciever?

Yes. Once you let it sit for a day or two, blow off the extra wd-40 with an air compressor.

okay so i spray it all the then let it sit for a couple days then blow everything off?

---------- Post added at 9:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:58 AM ----------

oh yah also how do i find out what kind of motor i have i don't have the stock motor i got a diffrent one it has nothing on it to tell what it is.

okie dokie

---------- Post added at 9:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:07 AM ----------

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...age=5&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:43&tx=57&ty=40

---------- Post added at 9:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:13 AM ----------

it looks like that accept for the holes in the motor there just straight accross

---------- Post added at 9:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:16 AM ----------

it says on the motor epic27

---------- Post added at 9:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:18 AM ----------

it has four hole thingys running along the motor

I couldnt get your shortcut to work for me.. a pic of yours will help out alittle more cause if it is different than the motor in that pic it could put us on the wrong track...

well it's a epic 27 motor