Battery help!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar new

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a hosim 9112 that I got around fixing because I wanted something else other than my nitro rc to use. My problem is that it was charging normally in the morning but now when I plug in the battery the charger led turns off. The battery's were almost fully charged and when I came back and plugged them in the problem above started to happen. Also I tested it with a multi meter and it said 1.6v keep in mind it is a 9.6v battery. I plugged it into the charger again then encountered the same problem. I then measured it and it dropped to 0.7v :hungover:. These batteries were working yesterday with the exact same charger. Also they are relatively unused. Please help me solve this bizarre problem. As Google wasn't of much help

is there help no nimh due die like that new battery is only help..you can try a conditioning charge @ .25 amps

Last edited:
I have a hosim 9112 that I got around fixing because I wanted something else other than my nitro rc to use. My problem is that it was charging normally in the morning but now when I plug in the battery the charger led turns off. The battery's were almost fully charged and when I came back and plugged them in the problem above started to happen. Also I tested it with a multi meter and it said 1.6v keep in mind it is a 9.6v battery. I plugged it into the charger again then encountered the same problem. I then measured it and it dropped to 0.7v :hungover:. These batteries were working yesterday with the exact same charger. Also they are relatively unused. Please help me solve this bizarre problem. As Google wasn't of much help

The battery voltage dropped too low for the charger to detect it and it's just slowly draining out. In this case you actually want a "dumb" charger that just arbitrarily pushes a low level of current through whatever is attached to it, and you might be able to recover the battery without too much lost capacity. Be careful doing this though, because it can easily overheat if the current is too high or it's left unattended. Ideally, you would connect it to a power supply, give it some juice until the voltage recovers (to above 6V or so), and then connect it to the smart charger again to finish charging it. Alternatively, leaving it in a trickle charge no more then 1/10th its amp-hour capacity will hopefully balance the cells as well.

There's a chance one or more cells in the battery is completely dead though, you may need to replace it.

The charger does heat up though. As if it is sending current to the battery

The charger does heat up though. As if it is sending current to the battery
Then it's possible the battery has an internal short and can't be revived, unfortunately

It happened to both working batteries