Help me choose a throttle servo!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninnon

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello, I recently took on the seemingly easy task of choosing a new throttle servo for my HPI trophy 3.5 to put on my Christmas list. I am looking at a budget of under £30 ($47) I first looked at the brands I knew; Savox, Hi-tec e.t.c and was utterly stumped- THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF THEM!!! I knew it had to be fast but I was still confused with all the choice! My needs would be:

-Metal Geared
-Fast
-Reasonable torque
-Under £30 (or @ £30)

I've had good experience with this forum! -Kind regards, Harvey :)

being a smaller rig you could probably get away with moving your steering servo to your throttle and get a better steering servo. if you are a gambling man I would suggest looking at a solar servo ,I had a few of them but they don't seem to last but at $13 buy 2 lol. I have heard good things about bluebird servos and I'm not 100%but I think you can get them locally in the uk

I totally agree with the servo swap and the steering upgrade. That's almost standard procedure for lots of us.
Savox is my first choice in my helis and I have Hitec steering servos in most of my ground vehicles.

savox 1257 tg but that is a touch over your budget.

There are a lot of good servos to choose from. I run the same servo for steering as I do for throttle. I have 3 servos - 2 on the car and one back-up so that in the event that I have a servo failure at a race I have a back-up that can be used in either position.

I have more throttle servo failures than steering failures. Get a fast metal gear servo. Buy from a Company that offers a warranty (Savox has a 1 year warranty) and/or offers a repair service (KoPropo has a great repair service at very reasonable prices).

Lee

Hello, I recently took on the seemingly easy task of choosing a new throttle servo for my HPI trophy 3.5 to put on my Christmas list. I am looking at a budget of under £30 ($47) I first looked at the brands I knew; Savox, Hi-tec e.t.c and was utterly stumped- THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF THEM!!! I knew it had to be fast but I was still confused with all the choice! My needs would be:

-Metal Geared
-Fast
-Reasonable torque
-Under £30 (or @ £30)

I've had good experience with this forum! -Kind regards, Harvey :)

In the end I am going to swap my (@7.2v) 0.14sec,9.8kg/cm Bluebird Bms-610 to the throttle and get a Hi-Tec hs 5685MH (@7.0v) 0.2sec, 11.3kg/cm for steering.

Thanks for all your help yet again on this great forum!

In the end I am going to swap my (@7.2v) 0.14sec,9.8kg/cm Bluebird Bms-610 to the throttle and get a Hi-Tec hs 5685MH (@7.0v) 0.2sec, 11.3kg/cm for steering.

Thanks for all your help yet again on this great forum!

I like either the digital HiTec HS-5645MG or the analog HiTiec HS-645MG.
Yes, it is- but thanks for your help!

Back