Help LST & LST2 Owners!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusion_outlawz

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I had a problem with my RCS roll cage, my receiver signal causes my fail safe to act up and also the throttle does extreme revs off and on. Scott and I have been playing email tag and he has been very reasonable with options for me. I really want to keep this roll cage and I don't want to have to buy a RX or install an incomplete roll cage(I heard if you leave a piece or 2 off, it eliminates signal problems). I have the RS300 receiver and I heard a couple of different solutions (from sanding and using plastic material in between metal to metal), but I want to hear from actual LST & LST2 owners that has been through it and solved the problems. Not to leave out any other RCers, if you had the RS300, you probably have some useful info for me, so I'm still would appreciate all the help I can get. I don't want to do any modifying unless I'm certain that it will solve my problem. Please let me know your solutions, I really want to bash with security!!!

fusion_outlawz said:
I had a problem with my RCS roll cage, my receiver signal causes my fail safe to act up and also the throttle does extreme revs off and on. Scott and I have been playing email tag and he has been very reasonable with options for me. I really want to keep this roll cage and I don't want to have to buy a RX or install an incomplete roll cage(I heard if you leave a piece or 2 off, it eliminates signal problems). I have the RS300 receiver and I heard a couple of different solutions (from sanding and using plastic material in between metal to metal), but I want to hear from actual LST & LST2 owners that has been through it and solved the problems. Not to leave out any other RCers, if you had the RS300, you probably have some useful info for me, so I'm still would appreciate all the help I can get. I don't want to do any modifying unless I'm certain that it will solve my problem. Please let me know your solutions, I really want to bash with security!!!
Have you tried to swap out the RX for another FM one? Scott would not steer you wrong. I personally like their work. Try a Novak XL or just any other FM set up that your XS3 works with. Mut be on the same band like 27MHz 75MHz.

I didn't want to spend more on a RX, I already have two of the same and I don't really want to spend on another one. Maybe I can post to trade. So if I got a new one and it is 27MHz/75MHz, but a different brand, it would be compatible? Is the Novak XL as good or better? I don't want to loose any performance at all. Sorry for of the questions, I'm new to the hobby. Thanks for your help!!

jon2 said:
Have you tried to swap out the RX for another FM one? Scott would not steer you wrong. I personally like their work. Try a Novak XL or just any other FM set up that your XS3 works with. Mut be on the same band like 27MHz 75MHz.

I just checked out the Novak and it really looks like a down grade. Can you even change the channels. I might be wrong, but please let me know.

jon2 said:

Besides a new rx there are a few things I can think of. First open the rs300 and blow out any dirt. Then try changing frequencies, from bottom to top. Some frequencies are more suseptible to interference. Then get a rechargable reciever pack with soldered battery connections. Then give up on the pos rs300 (they work fine on a stadium truck) and get an XXtra, compatible with all radios, $65.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWL88&P=ML

Cool, a few things to try. Now on that Novak, will my servos plug right into the Novak without modifications?

scottm said:
Besides a new rx there are a few things I can think of. First open the rs300 and blow out any dirt. Then try changing frequencies, from bottom to top. Some frequencies are more suseptible to interference. Then get a rechargable reciever pack with soldered battery connections. Then give up on the pos rs300 (they work fine on a stadium truck) and get an XXtra, compatible with all radios, $65.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWL88&P=ML

I have both and I too had the same crap happen to me with the RX's Turns out the RX's were bad. I went back to the LHS and they switched em out for me.

I mentioned the XXL due to the cost. If you want the XXtra then it will be more since it is a Synthesised RX.

It isn't the RX, because when I took off the rool cage, it works fine.

jon2 said:
I have both and I too had the same crap happen to me with the RX's Turns out the RX's were bad. I went back to the LHS and they switched em out for me.

I mentioned the XXL due to the cost. If you want the XXtra then it will be more since it is a Synthesised RX.

fusion_outlawz said:
It isn't the RX, because when I took off the rool cage, it works fine.
I did the same thing. and it went away but once I replaced the RX I could remove the Cage on and off an see no glitching at all. I tried this at the LHS and at home.