Help identify my nitro car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

degie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all just joined this forum. Now I have just purchased a spares or repairs hot bodies nitro car. Could you help me identify it please
batu8a2u.jpg
ru3ynuhu.jpg
yvyvaju6.jpg
hyvajeru.jpg
i know it's half broken that's why I need to identify soo I can get the parts I need to restore. Thanks all

Okay then as of last night I myself decides it was a lightning 2 I found a rear end off the friend I brought it off and bolted the front end on. I checked over to find I have 2 rear wheel hubs broke which I also order last night along with the top front suspension top arm pin holder which is broke two unfortuantly the pun for the top left arm is missing and not sure where to get this from. I have also ordered the centre shaft to the gearbox. Parts will Arrive soon and I will post pics now as how it looks.

---------- Post added at 7:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:11 AM ----------

susu5epy.jpg
this is how it stand as of now.
asysy8ym.jpg
here is the rear end which found, not fitted as of yet.
ybuha7eq.jpg
there is the broken front suspension arm plate(unsure of name.
4a6e2u4u.jpg
here is wat the two rear wheel hubs look like as you can see not good, however they have been ordered. Will post more wen more progress has been made.

I didn't really take any picture of it before I stripped it but here's wat I got
yrudu6u7.jpg
haqemevy.jpg
qasumy7u.jpg
2yde4a5e.jpg
mu9ygetu.jpg
yzununan.jpg
uze6atyg.jpg
a7aqy7u4.jpg
5a5emu2y.jpg
hevasuta.jpg

She took a good beat down for sure. Looks like it's cleaning up nicely though. Usually when the suspension components take a beating the hinge pins get bent slightly.
It would probably be worthwhile replacing them all with a hinge pin kit.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-BODIES-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417dde08be
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Hot-Bod...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d00101462

This is a perfect opportunity to do some maintenance on your shocks and diffs. Replace the shock fluid, inspect for bent or leaking shock shafts.

Check the condition of the diff housing bearings and axle hub bearings for rust, seizing, etc.,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Bodies-...pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item258e3cbe3a
inspect the pinion gear, and refill the diff fluids/grease.

Where are you ordering your parts from? I've seen a few listed on ebay. This looks like the upper hinge pin locator you were asking about.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-BODIES-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35938a7f90

This is how it stands as of tonight fixed the rear end together
2u6u8e8y.jpg
upunages.jpg
4yguvady.jpg
realised I need 2 more wheels and one more purple anodised wheel nut and an air filter (rather vital I'd say, after ragging one around without one on and having to completely stop down the engine, however she ran again.luckily) fuel piping and recover/ battery box cover. That is all I have noticed soo far apart from parts listed in earlier post. But it is becoming a nice little project as I only paid £10 for it. Will keep updated. Peace out ya trout.

Nice OFNA force .26 engine you got there

Is that what engine it is? Are they a good engine? Last night I put the last drive shaft in and the two centre (prop shafts) I turned the front and rear diffs which is what I believe they are called they didn't sound too good if I'm honest I suppose it would be a good idea to lubricate them up however I'm unsure of how to do this. Any links or anything from anyone no who to dooo this. I also require the two rear wheels does anyone have any?

Its probably your bearings making the noise. You could lube them up to get you by but you're better off replacing them with new ones. Problem is you have to disassemble your car to get to them. :mustache:

You can find a set of 4 used tires with wheels for cheap on ebay. I think that would be easier than trying to match what you have.

I will probably buy a new set then. Stripping down is no worries it seems to thrive me doing so hahaha. I'm going to lubticate up the diffs however I'm unsure on what oil I should get to do this. I seen a video he recommends 3000 in rear 5000 in centre and 7000 in front would it be possible to post links to items on eBay as I'm unsure on what to buy.

That's a great idea changing the bearings and topping off the diff fluids, a bit of a hastle maybe, but well worth it in the long run.
Theres no need to completely disassemble the diff, remove the 4 screws that hold the ring gear and diff cup together. Open it up and top it off with either diff oil or grease (whatever your car calls for) and reassemble.
Give the ring gear and pinion gear a thin coat of grease before reinstalling the diff into the diff housing.

When you reinstall the diff and pinion gear into the diff housing,
don't make the same mistake I did..notice how the diff ring gear is on the left side of the front diff housing. So the ring gear should be on the right side in the rear diff housing, or vise versa. If the ring gear is on the same side front and back, your car wont roll forward. I've done it numerous times.:hehe:

DSCN0199.jpg

If the bearings in the diff or any of the rest are bad you can get new ones at AvidRC.com, most of them are $1 each.

Puctures of how the buggy stands as of now not much been done fitted new fuel lines and replaced the front suspension pin arms. Looking into getting some good metal geared servos heard they are good however that is all I no. I want something that turns well and has quick throtal response but nothing to dear on price any help would be appreciated.
ejesuna3.jpg
y2ese2us.jpg
guzedamy.jpg
a4a3y4yr.jpg

Looks real good, should be a good runner.

Thanks for the support going on holiday to Spain for two weeks so will come to hold. Problem is with the servo guide is I no jack poop about servos I've heard savox are good but I no nothing if you could explain. That

Back