Help I can't get started!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayray1372

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Caldera 3.0 nitro truck i have done the break-in on it and ran one tank of fuel through it after and my pull cord broke so i repaired then replaced it and now i cannot get my ruck to start i have put a new plug in it and swapped out the fuel cleaned the carb and the inside of the motor I'm completely new to nitro so i am lost as far as i can tell there arent any other nitro runners around me what can i do

Look through the following link, for starters.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/

I don't know if you did any adjustments to the carb during the break-in so if you didn't it's way to rich to run now and the break-in was not done effectively. It's all about heat, temperature, cooling and cycling while tuning to accomplish that during each tank. If you stay rich the engine stays cold and the break-in didn't work.

i did the adjustments as per the instruction manual that i got with the car

and is there anyway to restore the compression without ordering a new piston and sleeve i can turn the flywheel with one finger it has a minor catch point but moves past it fairly easily the truck is not even a month old and i followed redcat racing's break in guide over 5 tanks leaning it out after each tank I'm using VP 20% racing fuel 9% oil I'm going to try tearing the engine down and going through the sealing guide you have provided in the hopes that that will tighten it up

Is your glow plug properly seated and snug? If it is and you can spin the flywheel with one finger, you have a problem.

the motor is still under warranty so I'm going to try to contact redcat and see about getting it replaced or at least get a replacement piston and sleeve your guide was awesome thanks for your help