help! i can't get my new car to start!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya, that was part of the problem, but tis all good cause we got it started

well I'm happy you started it up:) Have fun with your new nitro.:D

First off, it sounds like you engine is flooded(hydro-locked) and you need to turn it over and pull the starter a few time without the glow plug in it to make sure that all the fuel is out of the egine so that the piston can move freely without ('locking-up') when you replace the glow plug. Also, while you have the glow plug out, you should try your glow igniter and see if it works or if it just the glow plug that is bad or possibly wet with fuel....so blow on it(the glow plug) to dry it off. Once you know that your glow plug is good and your glow ingitor works, put the glow plug back in and pull the starter a few times before you actually try to start it to make sure that it soen't lock-up on you. If it pulls ok, put the glow ignitor on the glow plug and put your finger over the stinger on the exhaust pipe for a couple seconds untill you see fuel come up the fuel ine from the tank to the carb, then you take your finger off the stinger and cotinue to try to start it and it should start no problem. If it doen't start right away, do not cotinue to keep trying to start it because you may do damage to you engine, starter, etc. Either start over from the top at point 'A' or get back to me/us and somebody will surely be able to help you figure it.

^^^^ Its all good man he got it to start already.

ya that was it, and we had to adjust the HSN a little, and turn up the idle speed, bcuz it was new

^^^^ Its all good man he got it to start already.

I kinda figured that out when I read his other post, but thanks anyway !:D
It's just like I said, it was flooded !;) & He told me he used it to help his buddy start his :redbuggy:, so there !:p:

"haha thank you for all the help

i actually used ur how-to thingy to help my friend " -:goodpost: 'pudniskool'....your welcome !

Last edited: