Help help. Orlando FL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themask888

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Hello everyone.

I just join this forum. I always love everything about RC. Planes. Helis. Drones. Cars. I currently have almost everything electric but I am interested in nitro stuff.

I am looking for help. The issue is that I don't have a guide or place to start other than youtube. LOL. but unfortunately I am getting frustrated. I just bought a eam Associated NITRO TC3 because my cousin told me it is a great car. The issue is that I am not able to do anything with it than look at it. Because the car does not turn on. I can't break in the engine or tune it. I have been watching videos for the last month and still not able to turn it on.??

Between the car. Parts. Upgrades. Body. Bump box, glow igniter. Etc. I already spend about $425 and still not able to even smell the smoke of the car. So At this moment I am looking desperate help to at least know if this works or it just garbage. ?

This is what I have in

Team Associated, NTC3, two brand new Hi-Tech Servos. One High torque, and one High speed. brand new A8 plug. Have an OS .18 CV-R Engine, new fuel lines/tube. Spectrum SR3100. New starter box. New glow plug ingniter. And charged

I place the car on the bump box. Put nitro, fill the carburator with gas. Hit the car and does not turn on. It spill gas over the carb and the engine looks like have compression. I test the glow plug and is bright. But does not turn on. ??????

I will like to know if someone from Orlando FL knows about this, read this so I can meet him and help me out at least to turn it on.

Welcome in @themask888 I possibly see one issue right off the bat, you mentioned you are filling the carb with gas? It sounds like you may be flooding it right from the start..

There is a ton of video's on youtube that explain every step to start a nitro car and I chose this one to post simply because she is hot.... :D
All kidding aside, follow these steps and check out other video's as well.

hello check your carb settings.
High Speed Needle: 2 turns OUT from closed position.
Low Speed Needle:
Rotate the screw until the head is flush with the carb body. Then turn the screw IN exactly 1/2 turn.

Pouring gas into the carb is not the right method, not sure what videos you watched.

You need to prime it correctly, which is to plug the exhaust tip with your finger, and turn the engine over until gas is reaching the carb. Then remove your finger and put the igniter on and crank again. You may have to put the finger back on a couple of times to get it running, but by now you should be getting some firing.

Also, make sure your glowplug is good. Take it out, put the igniter on it, and ground it against the engine block. It should glow very brightly.

Waoo. Thank you for all the responses. Thank you for that. Because I was so frustrated and feel so alone that I was about to give up and stay in the electric world. Now I feel a little better

Ok. This is what I did. Originally I blow the tube that was going to the pipe until I saw the gas reaching the carb. Then watching videos I found that I can do it putting my finger on the pipe and the crack the engine with the bump box. But either way when I try to turn it on it does not. I test the glow igniter with the glow plug and it bright very well. I put it back. But no matter how long I keep it bumping in the starter does not turn on.

The engine is not lock because I can move the flywheel and also. It should have compression because I hear the little "Blup". I check if piston is going up and down when you turn the engine, and it does.

I look for the engine manual and put the high speed needle in 2 turns and test with 2 and half turn, but nothing. I check the low speed needle it was really screwed in. I put it flushed the the engine body. Test it and it sounds like is going to turn but stays does not.

I saw a bunch of videos on youtube but the issue is that 98% of them is how to set up the engine. But in order to to that I need to turn it on. ??

@Tunedpipe what is the video you mention? I don't see the link.

Thank you all for you help.

It is hard to believe that the engine will not fire ,I've had worn out engines fire up!

On upon starting the engine ,have you tried to work the throttle at the same time?
Sometimes if the gap is not set right on the carb barrel ,a engine will not start!

Sorry I forgot to post the link but there are tons of video's on youtube.

I'm not putting anyone down when I say this... Due to the love we have for tinkering on these things, don't you guys hate it when there is something so simple to troubleshoot, due to our years of experience, but your not able to put your hands on it to help people out. Instead you have to do the step-by-step explanation which can take days because you have to do it over messaging? I just so badly want to go to the guy's house and sit and show them how to troubleshoot the issue. BOOM!!! You're in and out in less than 30 minutes. 10 minutes to troubleshoot the issue and 20 minutes to scarf down the pizza. Of course, now these days, you'll get arrested for breaking the social distance law. We should set up a skype channel.

It is hard to believe that the engine will not fire ,I've had worn out engines fire up!

On upon starting the engine ,have you tried to work the throttle at the same time?
Sometimes if the gap is not set right on the carb barrel ,a engine will not start!

My cousin have a NTC3 also, state the same. we were about for an hr on a video call, and he dont beleive it also. and yes I hit the throttle but nothing.

@Tunedpipe, Yeah!!, i saw that video. and you are right, she is hot but also my car does not turn on.

the thing is that I called two Hobby Shops and they dont want to work that car because they say because is discontinued they dont have parts if is needed. also they say thay they can setup at the store but it has to be reset again when i get home. But I ask them at least if they can turn it on. I and set it up in my house. and one of them want to charge me $60 for the 1st hr and the following hr $30.

I'm not putting anyone down when I say this... Due to the love we have for tinkering on these things, don't you guys hate it when there is something so simple to troubleshoot, due to our years of experience, but your not able to put your hands on it to help people out. Instead you have to do the step-by-step explanation which can take days because you have to do it over messaging? I just so badly want to go to the guy's house and sit and show them how to troubleshoot the issue. BOOM!!! You're in and out in less than 30 minutes. 10 minutes to troubleshoot the issue and 20 minutes to scarf down the pizza. Of course, now these days, you'll get arrested for breaking the social distance law. We should set up a skype channel.

I wish I have someone help me out. I see someany people enjoying this car And I haven't taste the feeling yet. ?,????

I wish I have someone help me out. I see someany people enjoying this car And I haven't taste the feeling yet. ?,????

ask around the tracks. There's usually a few people that would be more than happy to help.

send whomever a message with ur phone # then facetime.duo of just call them and talk them thru it .I've done this many times on many things.

Are you sure you are turning your engine in the right direction? I've accidentally tried spinning an engine in the wrong direction and it wouldn't even pop