Help get this diff joint off!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
image.jpg

It’s stuck on the diff gear, it’s being held in by pressure like a servo and servo horn.
image.jpg
this is the other side I got off

Well, that’s gonna be hard.View attachment 135061
Why pull the gears.. the diff should have 4 tiny screws holding together Yeah I did the same thing with the druatrax. I'm re doing. Had to buy a new diff and joints..

Why pull the gears.. the diff should have 4 tiny screws holding together Yeah I did the same thing with the druatrax. I'm re doing. Had to buy a new diff and joints..
The case is one piece, there is no other way to the diff

The case is one piece, there is no other way to the diff
There's always a way what RC is it?
The gears got to come out. Or what happens if they strip. The RC is done?

Those just slide in. Get some PB Blaster or other penetrating oil and spray around the shaft and set it on its side so the oil runs into the diff. There is a bushing in there. The bushing is likely corroded into the plastic and the cup shaft is probably corroded into the bushing.
Screenshot_20211015-190451_Drive.jpg

I found the manual here...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...EQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3FuKuZGCT3gxemfmOvZCBC

Be careful you don't lose the little piliot shaft that runs thtough those cups...
20211015_191117.jpg

Those just slide in. Get some PB Blaster or other penetrating oil and spray around the shaft and set it on its side so the oil runs into the diff. There is a bushing in there. The bushing is likely corroded into the plastic and the cup shaft is probably corroded into the bushing.
View attachment 135063

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...EQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3FuKuZGCT3gxemfmOvZCBC
the joint moves freely but I will try the PB blaster

What do you mean there's no way...
View attachment 135063

Yeah I had same problem. The oil won't work after I eat. I will show you mine

Just try prying on the cup gently. Go all the way around it and give it a wiggle. They are probably corroded, since that probably has bronze bushings in there. You could try a drop of Lime-A-Way and see if that breaks up the corrosion.

Clean it all up with Simple Green or a degreaser then use some Mobil 1 synthetic grease.

Possibly a new diff. The teeth don't look too good on the part you pictured above. Hopefully it's just the grease on it making it look bad.

Last edited: