HELP !!! can someone answer this ????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmune0750

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
about 2 yrs ago i bought a Nitro Rush and I stopped using it for about 5 months and i recently got back into it because i forgot how much fun r/c cars are...but anyway...i have all the parts i need to start the car but when i put my glow ingiter into the engine (which is fully charged), and i pull the pull-start, the car doesn't start, and if i feel the engine while the igniter is connected to it, the engine doesn't get hot at all.........:ponder2: :ponder2: :ponder2:

please if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated!!

Take the glow plug out and put it on the end of the stick to see if it still glows.
That is the first place to look.

Make sure you are getting fuel to the engine as well.

Even though you have a fully charged glow ignitor, did you check to see if your glow plug is still good? Depending on what you did when you last ran it 5 months ago, the glow plug coil could be corroded and may have gone bad. After checking your plug, put your needles back to factory settings and try starting her up. If she still doesn't fire, slowly lean the LSN in 1/8 turn increments until she fires up.

Good luck.

edit..Eddy you beat me to it.

is it an old plug?

did you charge it when it wasn't completely out of charge?

ya know, it might be old, a bit grubby.

i would suggest getting a new one.
you can get em from ebay for about $10.

hope that helps. :D

thats exactly what i was thinking, i've had the same glow plug since I've had the car, which is a long time, so the glow plug is old and it looks like crap, I'm gonna get a new one, thanx for the help...

This is your 2nd warning.
Please do not make multipul posts.
Your questions will be read and answered in one thread.

well, how often should a glow plug be replaced??

It should be replaced whenver it starts to fail,There's really know date/time a plug should be replaced.

I Need Help !!!

alright, my engine was not getting hot when i put my igniter on it so i figured i needed a new glow plug so i went out and got a brand new glow plug...but after installing the brand new glow plug and attempting to start my car...i found that my engine still is not getting hot...it wont start !!!

idk what to do....

Not create a new thread would be a major start,Go back to your other thread so we can leave off where we started.

Have you checked all the basics?

Did you put the plug in the igniter to make sure both the plug and igniter are working?

Is fuel getting to the carb?

Did you prime it before trying to start it?

I have merged the two threads...

what does prime it mean ???

and to check if the igniter and the glow plug are both working do i have to take the glow plug off the engine and put the ingiter in it??? :ponder2:

its pissing me off cuz i put a lot of money in to trying to drive this car again cuz i was missing a lot of parts and i bought everything i need but the engine will not start....

i have no clue what prime means...

prime means to get fuel up to the carb in the line. think of it like priming a pump - that's pretty much what you're doing.

so to prime it i just need to click that thing down, the thing thats above the fuel tank???

cuz i always do that before i start it

keep clicking that thing until you see the fuel move through the line up to the carb. If it doesn't move at all, you have a plugged fuel tank, or possibly an air leak.

The ignitor will not heat the engine up, so there's no sense trying or waiting for it to heat up, because it won't.

It may be time to pull the mill, break it down and give it a thorough cleaning. I'm guessing you didn't empty the fuel out, add ARO or return the piston to BDC, so I'll bet that crankcase has gotten quite gummed up and not allowing the fresh fuel to work around and spark.

I'd also suggest referencing your owners manual for any troubleshooting tips.

Monkey Wrench said:
The ignitor will not heat the engine up, so there's no sense trying or waiting for it to heat up, because it won't.

It may be time to pull the mill, break it down and give it a thorough cleaning. I'm guessing you didn't empty the fuel out, add ARO or return the piston to BDC, so I'll bet that crankcase has gotten quite gummed up and not allowing the fresh fuel to work around and spark.

I'd also suggest referencing your owners manual for any troubleshooting tips.

i have no idea what the hell u just said, I'm not that advanced with the technical stuff, u gotta talk in stupid newbie terms....i dont understand ne of that pull the mill or ARO or BDC or ne thing! :OMG:

rmune0750 said:
i have no idea what the hell u just said, I'm not that advanced with the technical stuff, u gotta talk in stupid newbie terms....i dont understand ne of that pull the mill or ARO or BDC or ne thing! :OMG:

SO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON LIKE EVERYONE IS SAYING... man, I'm already gettting annoyed.

Back