hello - new to nitro rc..need advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awake724

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all,

just got my first nitro touring car and started breaking in the engine - however, I'm not sure if this is normal but after starting the engine, the wheels start to spin without me touching the throttle on the remote! feels like the car wants to take off, good thing I had it up on a block.

Can someone tell me is this normal? Or should I be adjusting the throttle until the wheels stop spinning?

Any advice would be helpful, I'm dying to get this engine broken in and get the car moving on the road!

Thanks!

you need to adjust your idle screw counter clockwise till it idles, but doesn't engage the clutch. or if its just a little bit that it needs, there is an adjustment on the controller that says Throttle Tm. lower it some. but i would try to adjust the screw first and see what that does first.

Common. Try Matt's suggestion. The Idle screw should be set prior to running with the engine off and the throttle trim adjusted to ZERO or neutral.

Let us know what happens.

ok...sorry for not posting sooner, been busy with work leaving little time for getting the car going.

I've adjusted the idle screw and it fixed the problem but now I'm trying to figure out how to get the throttle trim to zero, so that I can align these two and the just use my throttle trim to make adjustments.

In the beginning it also kept stalling after a few minutes but after playing with idle I've got it running and managed to get through my first two tanks of fuel for breaking in the engine - can't wait to drive it now!

How many more tanks should I burn before I run it on the ground?

Thanks for the help!!!

i think you should set your throttle trim on the transmitter, and then adjust the idle from there.

during break in a ran 1 tank idle. then the break in prcedure