Hello - Fuel Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not old enough to remember carbs on street trucks???? I'm 34 and from the south! I grew up under the hood of a 69 Camaro. 350 4 bolt main block, 327 crank, rods and pistons with a solid lift mechanical cam with 500 degrees lift....It was running 13.5 to 1 compression with a Holley 650 double pumper....92 octane would foul the plugs!
Only problem with a short line is you have about 15 seconds to catch it and flip it back over before the engine runs out of fuel. If you are 100 feet or so away, it gets old.
99% of fuel delivery problems on Nitro engines are a result of a leak, somewhere from the fuel tank all the way to the exhaust pipe.
And as far as what you guys are learning in school these days.....WOW! Helping my 10 year old with their homework made me realize how far the next generation has come.
4th graders are doing the same stuff I did in High School!!!

I use a old temp gauge that wraps around the engine, and right after a full speed run its around 220-225f but drops instantly once I'm idling. Sometimes I hear the fuel boiling when shut off, but it always blows out smoke when driving. Think its still to rich as it seems to run fine, and I have slightly richened it a few weeks ago. May boil for 10 sec or less shutoff.

How are you shutting it off? Are you putting your finger over the exhaust? I usually pinch the fuel line til it quits, then I unhook it from the carb (unless everything is dirty) and hook that end to the tank where the exhaust hooks up. After that I give it a few pulls to burn off whatever is in the engine that'll still burn. If stuff is dirty, and it usually is, I take a little nitro spray and clean the carb area first. I've found that this method leaves just the oil behind and I usually don't have to use wd-40 for up to a week. When I go back to start it, it fires up in just a couple pulls.

i know what your talking about on homework. when my oldest was about 8-9 i told him that i could no longer help with his homework. in 1965 my first car was a 1949 ply 230 ci 6 cyl about 100 hp, ff to today i got a 2001 dodge dakota 230 ci v6 about 100 hp, the more things change the more they stay the same. my oldest now works for motorola, writing software. ant it great when your kids do good? your 34? i got socks older than that.

Back