Hello and help( slash won't turn sharp)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbrown_151

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Help my slash won't turn sharp. I just started racing and I'm trying to get faster. I put a brushless in and a proline suspention kit on. Now I can go fast and jump ok but I can't make 180 degree corners. I raced pro am atv's for years and know how to set up an atv but on rc trucks I'm clueless. Can anyone shed some light?

Assuming your setup is close, the answer is usually that you are trying to carry too much speed through the corner, so slowing down a little and being smooth with your steering and throttle input should do the trick.

My typical setup on a Slash is 60wt in front, 50wt in back, and 30,000wt in the diff. Set your camber in front at 1.5-2 degrees, and rear camber at .5-1 degree. I run zero toe-in, but a small amount of positive toe can help with turn-in if needed. I use no pre-load spacers in front and 1 large spacer in the rear. The track I run on is medium to high bite clay so I like to keep the chassis low and level.

dunno how the proline kit affects shock action, but usually laying down
the front shocks more and standing up the rear shocks will help rotation;
truck will roll more into corners

Back