Hello all, can anyone advise me on what to get? :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrimpvende

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello all, I started out in nitro rc with a second (or maybe even 3rd) hand serpent race car. Insanely quick but incredibly difficult to handle, and eventually completely killed it on a kerb, now the exhaust is cracked and bent, steering servo took the impact and no longer works, the drivebelt doesn't grip and the centrifugal clutch no longer works

So on to a new toy, I want to get another nitro vehicle, but not another car as it's just not practical around here. My garden is about an acre of grass, and I live in the country with lots of grass/country lanes/mud so need an all terrain vehicle - which is best, buggy, truggy or truck? I want to be able to do jumps without hurting it, and get the best value for money. My mate has a hot bodies stadium pro which is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for, however it seems that these are now discontinued (?) I don't want to spend loads on it, max about £200 as his was around that mark, don't mind a decent condition second hand one if someone on here is selling something suitable, I know I can't stretch to the likes of a HPI savage or trophy. I have the controller, glow warmer e.t.c still from the car so wouldn't need all that

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated,

regards,
Scott

Sounds like you want a monster truck to me. Off-roading doesn't get any better that with a MT. Truggies are epicly fun, I bash a Losi Ten-T and it's one durable little b*tch. Nothing stacks up to having big tires and lots of suspension when it comes to rough terrain however!

Not sure what the exchange rates are looking like, or what models across the pond are selling for. But an absolutely great deal is the Losi Aftershock. Big, badass, tons of power, and a great price tag for what you get.

cheers, I'll look into it! Funnily enough I'll be in America from thursday for a week, so if they are the same over there and a much better deal (and I can get it on the plane ofc) I could potentially buy one out there

Well assuming the exchange rate is like 2:1 then yup, you could get one and have some money left over!

its 1.6 :( And the Ten T is £400 here, so out of my price range really!

shrimp check out a traxxas rustler. not much good on long grass but dirt roads and gravel it goes great, 40+mph, rwd lot of fun and think they are pretty cheap, i got mine 2nd hand of ebay for £50 and it was grand.

I have a Team Associated RC10GT2 stadium nitro and have been having a blast with it. Very fast and durable, and easy to work on (which is great for me, because I'm fairly new to the hobby).

The Traxxas Rustler is fairly tough out of the box. The replacement parts are reasonable as well for the Rusty.

Truggys are pretty tough trucks. I have a mbx5t and havent broke anything it, and it loves jumps! Nice thing also is they dont flip over as easy as a Mt will. It will cost abit more money to buy, but its worth every penny!

All hail the Rustler. cheap, fast,and fun. of all the trucks I own the rustler is the most reliable and cheapest to run.

Last edited:
Truggys are pretty tough trucks. I have a mbx5t and havent broke anything it, and it loves jumps! Nice thing also is they dont flip over as easy as a Mt will. It will cost abit more money to buy, but its worth every penny!

I think a Mugen is a bit out of his price range... hehe :hehe:

My LHS just got 3 MBX6T kits in and he's offered to take it down to $519 for me. If he get's in to the $4xx range I think I'll have to pull the trigger.

I think a Mugen is a bit out of his price range... hehe :hehe:

My LHS just got 3 MBX6T kits in and he's offered to take it down to $519 for me. If he get's in to the $4xx range I think I'll have to pull the trigger.

Yeah I'd be all over it!!

wish i'd have seen this.....i'd have given u a running tmaxx with a spare novarossi for the wrecked serpent...haha!!!!!

I just picked up a Losi 10 T a few days ago........AWESOME!! I have had a T-Maxx, Nitro Rustler and 2 Nitro 4-TEC cars. All were great, but, the R.O.S.S. starting system and the DX3S full telemetry radio on the 10 T are incredible. Add a lot of hopups already on the truck, including front and reat anti-sway bars and you have a fantastic little truck.