Hell yea

• Thread starter alpinehyperlite
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So i have passed this ratty-a$$ looking long gravel driveway every single day for the past 9 months and never have ventured down it to see what it led to. So i jumped in my police unit (just incase there was crazy people at the other end) and took a drive. After about 400 yards it opened up into a concrete yard!!!! I finally found a decent place to crawl!!

aw man you suck, I'm leaving the house now, and I'll be there in about 2 hours. I've got clean sheets and a sleeping bag with me. Don't worry I'm not going to take your bed and make you sleep on the floor. I figured you cuold sleep on the couch so I even brought you a sleeping bag. Gosh I'm so thoughtful when it comes to stuff like that. I'm like a rock crawling crackhead, I hear about free rocks somewhere and I'm there in an hour!

Yea, I'm'a wait till dark then go see what i can scavenge up to start my own lil course.

mk so i just got the first 300-350 lbs. of chunk concrete. Its so damn hott here, like i was drenched in sweat. Its gona take a lot of this stuff to even begin to get a good practice spot.

Yeap, some guys over at our crawler forum have some really slick rock setups to practice on. I'm working on mine, but I really have a long way to go. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your crawler so much. I'm hoping to make it to my first compl this month, but I may be out of town. If that's the case, I'll surely be at the next one, and hopefully I'll have my comp rig finished by then.

U talkin about the one in shreveport? I'm considering goin, and ill pass through ur town on the way. So if u can make it, maybe we can ride up together.

Yeap that's it. I talked to Chip and he wanting to carpool as well, so if I don't go you and him can still carpool and then the gas will only cost 1/2 as much. If you come get me, can we take the police car? I've never gotten to ride in one on a positive note, I've always been squinched up in the back with my hands behind my back lol.

I live on an island that is nothing but rock and grass. I have some darn good places to crawl in my back yard......but no crawler. Sigh....I think that is going to be my next toy. They just have a certain appeal to them.

Like i have said in other posts, using the crawler, i have actually improved in almost all other aspects of RC driving. It just makes you think more about your lines and such, and it carries on to racing, and even just bashing. It is great for learning control, and how to push to the limits of the rc that you are piloting.

Ok picked up another 400-500 lbs of concrete tonight. Its just hard to transport being i drive an explorer with a jl-w7 in the back. Heres what i got so far....

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

that lil rock garden is lookin great!!
how are you getting on with the li-po? (run times).

2 hours plus, but it still has never been fully drained. I just got tired after 2 hours of straight crawling.

wow thats great! i thought 1/2 hour max i use li-po's in my t-rex 500 and I'm lucky to get 15 mins flying time.

SOoOoOoO i couldnt sleep, so i decided to go scouting for more "supplys" to build my crawler practice course with. The concrete yard is good, but i have to carry the pieces like 100 yards to my explorer to haul. Gets very annoying. Anyway, so i was driving and saw a bunch of bulldozers and such sitting where a gas station was yesterday about 5 mi from my apartment. Jackpot. They had taken up all of the concrete and piled it next to the parking lot. I made a couple of runs, and have doubled the size of my course.

The first picture is just of what i have gotten tonight. others of how it is set up currently.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Wow it looks great! I'm still on the way to your house to go crawling at the concrete yard. I didn't want to spend the money on gas, so I decided to drive my crawler you your house. It's taken 35 hours so far because I had to stop for a recharge so much. I also had to go to the hospital about half way. I had one of my LiPo batteries in my back pocket, and my butt cheeks were dragging the ground while while I was driving my crawler down the interstate. I hit a pothole and things went to poop and the next thing I know I had a butt with no skin. Anyway, I'm going back out now, I'll let you know when I get there. Please let the state police know not to mess with me, I have a 1/10 scale inspection sticker and full RC registration and tags. See ya soon!

What about insurance? Dont wana have to call a roll-back out there to impound your "ride". While i was walking around the concrete yard i found 2 bog's in the back of it. Had the ole flashlight out looking for big chunks, and saw 4 (2 yellow, 2 green) eyes glowing in the water. So i walked over and it was about a 3 ft long gator with a nutria in its mouth. Tried to run back to the truck to get the camera, but he took off when i was walking back. the water was only like 3 inches deep, so imma bring my ax-10 tonight when i go back and see if i can find him and crawl on em. lol. That would be the best arklamis photo ever.

And for you yankees who dont know what a nutria is, it is pretty much a huge ass water-rat that were brought to LA in the 30's. Ugly as sin, fun to shoot. Grow to over 25lbs and have been ruining Louisiana wetlands and causing errosion due to them eating all the river-grass that usually control's errosion.
http://www.ccshost.com/btnep_invasive/client_files/editor_images/Nutria(1).jpg

Last edited:
What about insurance? Dont wana have to call a roll-back out there to impound your "ride". While i was walking around the concrete yard i found 2 bog's in the back of it. Had the ole flashlight out looking for big chunks, and saw 4 (2 yellow, 2 green) eyes glowing in the water. So i walked over and it was about a 3 ft long gator with a nutria in its mouth. Tried to run back to the truck to get the camera, but he took off when i was walking back. the water was only like 3 inches deep, so imma bring my ax-10 tonight when i go back and see if i can find him and crawl on em. lol. That would be the best arklamis photo ever.

And for you yankees who dont know what a nutria is, it is pretty much a huge ass water-rat that were brought to LA in the 30's. Ugly as sin, fun to shoot. Grow to over 25lbs and have been ruining Louisiana wetlands and causing errosion due to them eating all the river-grass that usually control's errosion.
http://www.ccshost.com/btnep_invasive/client_files/editor_images/Nutria(1).jpg

It's kind of like a big fat annoying beaver. As for the insurance, I got a great rate from Geico. I drove it to the corporate headquarters, and the gecko happened to be there. He loved the axial, said it fit him better than any truck he'd driven so far, and he said it was perfect for the terrain that he lives in. So we worked out a deal for me to build on for him and I'm going to throw in a free electronics upgrade in exchange for 3 years worth of insurance premiums. I'm going to upgrade him to waterproof servos so it will be amphibious.

Going crawling in the dark where there are known alligators, and we're in there environment, and they're obviously hungry to be eating a nutrea? Mission accomplished, I'm turning around. I'm having to much fun with my crawler to become alligator bait! BUT, if you can get a picture of your rig crawling over the alligator, if he eats it I will donate some money to buying another kit, since you'll be taking one for the team.

Nah u dont need to turn around, i got the trusty .45. But dont really need it, we used to go play with em up to about 4 - 4.5 ft on the tickfaw when we were kids. This little 3 footer wouldn't be much of a problem. Besides like 3-4 inches of water and the bog only bein like 25 foot across, it wouldnt be a problem at all. He probably came in through the sewer runoff that runs to the mississippi river. Used to have one about that size that i kept in the bathtub. Lasted a whole 3 days b4 mom found about it.

As for the insurance, I got a great rate from Geico. I drove it to the corporate headquarters, and the gecko happened to be there. He loved the axial, said it fit him better than any truck he'd driven so far, and he said it was perfect for the terrain that he lives in. So we worked out a deal for me to build on for him and I'm going to throw in a free electronics upgrade in exchange for 3 years worth of insurance premiums. I'm going to upgrade him to waterproof servos so it will be amphibious.

your a sick bastard charlie. lol

Last edited:
your a sick bastard charlie. lol

I guess I should take that as a compliment. I like the term "creative" better but I'll take what I can get. I can't believe I didn't think of the celebrity lizards sooner, talk about an untapped resource. The axial matches their attire perfectly!