Heli #7....Uhh....8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I got this a couple of days ago, and I've already had it in the air for well over an hour.
All aluminum main frame, tail boom, tail supports and landing skids. A real heavy weight.

LH1.jpg

LH2.jpg

Built rock solid for some really serious flying.

LH3.jpg

:D

I have hands over two feet wide.

Just finished charging. I'm going up again.
There's no way I can get a pic while flying unless I manage to get it in the right spot for a timer shot.
Maybe I'll have one by tomorrow.
I can't believe how smooth this flies for such a tiny chopper.
It's the Syma S107.

That one has full directional control? Does it have the break-a-way blades to help keep them from breaking in a crash?

Does it have the break-a-way blades to help keep them from breaking in a crash?

What a ridiculous question. Why would I crash? :D

Lifting off...
LH4.jpg

Holding a hover, nose in.
LH5.jpg

Maximum altitude...

LH6.jpg

I'd get it stabilized, hold the hover with the left stick then grab the camera and shoot before the heli drifted. :first_place:

That's a pretty cool little rig. You're gonna make me start my heli jones again, aren't you? My Belt CP is a bit dusty and frankly it scares the crap out of me. So I've been thinking of something smaller and easier to fly for basic hover and circuit training.

There a lot of fun i got a couple revell protos they take care of the winter blues and there fun chasing the cat.:hehe:

i have one of those, and a blade mcx. they are about the same size. I was actually impressed by the metal one after flying the mcx for a few months before getting it. the only thing that throws me off is the rudder control is backward from the mcx or a "real" heli, and on the other stick.. My dad has one of the metal body ones to, and he likes the LEDs on it.

2011-05-14094232.jpg

2011-05-14094311.jpg

2011-05-14094559.jpg

2011-05-14094707.jpg

2011-05-14094735.jpg

I doubt it. You can't do 3D with a tandem rotor bird. It would have to be CP, and that would require servos. A heli this small couldn't handle the weight.

yes they do..

the blade msr is single rotor (with flybar) and the blade mcp x is full 3D

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=BLH3500

Key Features

• Integrated flybarless unit increases stability, control and power, providing the user the ultimate ultra-micro heli experience for indoor and outdoor use.
  • Capable of maneuvers such as inverted hover, loops, flips, rolls, funnels, and hurricanes.
  • Very low discloading results in high maneuverability and good collective response.
  • Lightest heli in its class.
  • Two sets of blades included, fast-flight and high-performance.
  • Robust, long-lasting dual-ball bearing supported linear cyclic servos.
  • Two high-performance flight batteries included.

Charging. Just finished another flight. :D:):D
Wow, less than a 10" rotor. However, it's 10 times more than I paid for this one. X-Heli, $19.95 and $12 to ship. I would have paid a hundred or better if I knew how cool this little thing was.

------------------------------------------------------------
That's impressive, Beason. Full collective rotor.

BLH3500-12.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what their rep is now, but back when I was first eyeing copters they were thought of as trash. I have to admit their newer birds look good. And that one comes with a full 6 channel 2.4 GHz heli radio. For $200. I'm seriously thinking about it.

Back