Heat sink and fan

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadhog1602

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone make a heat sink and fan that is compatable with a 3s battery for a 540 or 3650 brushless motor? Thanks

there's 12 volt fans that attach to motor heat sinks

Hobbywing 120a esc with a Surpass Hobby 5700kv motor. Want to be able to run on 3s sometimes.

Hobbywing 120a esc with a Surpass Hobby 5700kv motor. Want to be able to run on 3s sometimes.
5700KV and 3s is not going to work, that's about 71,000 RPM!!! You might explode the motor bearings!
But what's the can diameter?

Would this work? It runs at 8.4v max, but you can just plug it into an Aux port in the receiver to run it at a lower voltage. The fan is a 30mm fan so it can easily be swapped.

I have an extra port in my receiver. Do you know what the voltage is on a receiver?

Thank you
Just an FYI, their alloy framed fans push a lot of air even at 6V, so they run off receiver voltage just fine.
https://surpasshobbyusa.net/30mm-fans/

I never ran one of their plastic fans, so not sure of the RPM's/CFM they have. They do say the plastic fan is 20K at 8.4V. The alloy ones are 28K at 8.4V. The most I run any of mine at is 7.2V I believe, off my max6 esc's in my kraton, outcast and e-revo.
2021-1209-kraton-escSide-close.jpg

I also use their 35mm alloy framed fans on my max6 and blx185 esc's. The OEM fans on those are horrible. Oddly, the little 25mm one on the max10 sct esc I have has held up for a long time. Guessing less weight for the tiny motor and the legs/stanchions that hold the motor are shorter so they are less likely to break due to chassis slap from big jumps.

Back