Header mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tape

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I saw a thread created by Team_RCRR
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/mods-for-the-traxxas-revo.42178/

and he mentions the "Header Mod" he states "One of the most popular mods for this motor is the ‘header mod’. Quite simply, all that needs to be done is to cut the flange off of the header (the last 3/8”)"
Is he speaking of the flange on the motor or the collar on the header pipe. He posted pictures but the pic is a X.
Can someone post a pic or explain it like I'm a 3yr old.:)

He's talking about the pipe end of the header, the part the flares out to lock the coupler on. That is a ten year old thread and is based on the 2.5 Revo, you may want to research the affect it will have on a 3.3.

I haven't done that mod to my Revo yet, but I did drill out the stinger. I'm not entirely sure how much it did. Are you running the single chamber or dual chamber pipe?

Theres been chatter about shortning the header pipes!

I think its a theory about gaining torq by controlling the back pressure.

I did it back in the day. Didn't notice much difference. People are always trying to get more low end out of traxxas engines. No matter how much you try, it's just not there unfortunately.