Header gasket

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok guys, I'm feeling pretty stupid now. Just got the header in the mail for the Tmaxx. The last part I needed to get it running. I am looking at the header gasket and it came with two red gasket washer things. Common sense tells me they go directly in front of the screw head, like a washer. But they seem too big to fit around the screws. Where do these gasket washers go? In between the block and the screw head? header and gasket? gasket and block?

It's not quite that they seem too big. It is just when I put the washers on the screws and push the screws into the block the washers sit sideways and the screws wont go all the way in. I dont really want to force it and rip a gasket so I'm just trying to make sure that is where they go before I put them there.

Last edited:
I have no idea what washers your speaking of but i will tell you to use a new header oring seal. I've never used any washers on header bolts. Just two allen head 3mm bolts similar to engine mount bolts and no washers. If you do need a washer find small enough lock washers to use between bolt head and header.

Those red ones are for fuel fittings dude,

transmited from a mobile communications device

Yeah i just looked. Hes right, those are for fuel fittings.

Odd that tower says they are for the header bolts if that's not what they are for...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJL16&P=7

Found an old traxxas manual for the trx .12, it's description of the gasket is a bit different: "Exhaust header Gasket (1)/ gaskets, pressure fitting (2)", so it would seem they are for the pressure fittings, not the head bolts.

CURSE YOU TOWER FOR STEERING ME WRONG!

Last edited:
Yeah I was so confused with the whole situation. I could have sworn seeing those on the header screws when I first disassembled the motor a long time ago but I must have been mistaken.

Thanks everyone.