Haven't played with this for a while.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Today I broke out my Blade MCX helicopter. It has been quite a while, I think I've had it for about 12 years. The batteries are 10 years old ( I write the purchase date on my batteries) and they still work fine.

The blades look funny in the photo because one half of the blade is glow in the dark.

Two of the cats run from it and two of the cats chase it so it makes for tricky landings.

PSX_20240128_190738.jpg

I haven't had mine out in a while. mCX2 and the mCPX.

How'd you do?

A bit rusty, but it starts coming back after the first flight. Gonna have to retrain my brain, too used to flying my planes. Dodging cats didn't help either. 🤣

A bit rusty, but it starts coming back after the first flight. Gonna have to retrain my brain, too used to flying my planes. Dodging cats didn't help either. 🤣
I know. Been flying planes since I was 15 or 16. Helis?.......Love/hate relationship. Spend more time repairing than flying. Can't help with the cats. That's your doing. Lol.

Every now and then I fire up my Realflight simulator and try flying Heli's. Tough as nails.
I'll stick with my drone.
Cool heli @Doom!

You ever want to stick your hands in the rotors? I'll give you $10.

These little guys aren't so bad when they hit ya, the bigger ones, no way!
One reason I haven't gotten into helis is the one I want has killed a person before. 😱

I used to have an air hogs my last cat Lumpy would swat out of the air.

I've seen one of the big heli's chop a stop sign in half. Now I make sure I am no where near the big boys when they fly. My little heli, the cats have knocked out of the air several times, I just have to keep the cats from running off with their kill once they take it down. 🤣

Every now and then I fire up my Realflight simulator and try flying Heli's. Tough as nails.
I'll stick with my drone.
Cool heli @Doom!
Trick is crank the throttle. That's what got me to catch on flying both LOS and FPV drones.

Back