Have an axle question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien13

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm not really into crawlers, well, not yet that is. But I need to tap some of your knowledge. I see crawlers that have straight axles, and I was wondering if those that handle high speeds. I have a project in mind, but I really can't go forward with it until I can work out a few details, this being one of the most important.

So. What I need, is a straight axle that can handle high speeds on either asphalt or clay. And I need a way to transfer power from a nitro engine to it. So gimme your best ideas!

A crawler axle may not be your best choice. They are almost all a fully locked design and offer no differential action.

What kind of high speeds?

He's talking about building a custom oval track racer.

Yeah theres prolly a better direction to look like Hamz said.

I think the link you posted for the axle might work for you, the only thing I would check out is the gearing to make sure it will work for your project, I think the Axial axles would probably be geared to low.

Can anybody identify the 4-link blocks on it? It's crucial to get it the way I want it. Most dirt modifieds run either a 4-link or a z-link, but I'm looking for the 4-link.

Also, what kind of transmission can I use. I'm only running 2wd, but I could possibly get by with a 4wd trans as long as it can be run without the front setup.

Looks like a Wheely King axle to me .

Looks like the Wheely King is a 1/12 scale, don't know how well that would work. I'll probably be using a Traxxas 3.3 or a Losi 3.4. I need the smaller size for the fit, but want the power. Though it the end, I might go brushless.

What I do know, is that I will need torque. Not sure yet how heavy it will be, but we're talking about an aluminum rod chassis with a body made from .040 aluminum sheet.

Back