Has someone here boost their RC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedDot

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have seen videos on youtube people make custon turbo kits, with key change and stuff, has someone done it before here?
Post set up please, thanks

From what I've heard you can burn up an engine really quickly by adding a supercharger to it, plus I believe supercharges work better with engines that have valves (intake/exhaust)
Cause you need something to stop the fuel/air mixture, so the combustion chamber can be charged full of said fuel air mixture..... I have heard of some 2stroke bikes that have supercharges, but I hear they can take a While to get up to a speed where the charging system is actually being a benefit, um if you add more air for combustion your also adding heat, and if the idea is to stay under 240F it might be a bad idea, unless you've got an R/C gambit up your sleeve like liquid cooled R/C engine

Don't waste your time or money. Because of the way these smaller engines work, supercharging doesn't really work.

Jajajja it was fuuny, i just wanted to know, how was adding some force induction to the ride, I'm new on the hobby but i learn quick, and i dont have a friend or other relates who knows about this, so i need to ask here :D
Whats are the best mods you can add to it? Headers, pipe and intake? Thats all? What else could help? I got a vx-16 .16 engine runing now. I go some days to a rc track by my house an race there thats why I'm asking,

Depending on what you are trying to achieve theres a few different things you can do. Go with a bigblock like a .21 or .28 size engine but you will typically have to upgrade the rest of your drivelines to compensate for the excess power they produce. A high quality exhaust pipe like a ERCM from the vendors section will really bring any engine to life. Runniing a different sized cluthcbell will give you better power/speed depending on which way you go with the tooth count. Even running a different % nitro fuel will make a difference.

Thanks for the lesson, i have everything stock on it still, i will look forward to start changing parts and stuff with you guys help and knowledge, i like this forum and people in here

Back