Has anyone built a computer lately?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSushi

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am thinking of building a new computer - whats all the hot parts to get now?
I know for video BFG 7950 GX2 with 1GB Ram
What Mobo / Proc and other components?

I have not researched all the latest greatest parts so just starting to gather all the info.

Thanks
Bruce

all i got to say is go to newegg for some unbeatable prices i love that place

I'm a huge fan of Asus and AMD, but you'll find everyone's opinion is just as varied in pc's as they are in R/C's.

-Michael

what do you want to do with it?? that would help...

Mainly game and watch movies. I have had good luck with ASUS and AMD in the past and I am currently using that combo. My setup is 3+ years old but my current video card is an X850 XT Platinum Edition AGP card, ASUS A7N8X Deluxe V2, Athlon XP 2200+, 1GB Ram, WD 250GB Special Edition Serial ATA drive (model WD2500JD), Barracuda (ST380013) SATA 80GB 7200 RPM 8-MB of data cache.

My friend and I are building a new computer for my mom to use for work. She needs more computer than she thinks, so we are building a fairly solid platform. I believe it will have an ASUS Crosshair mobo, 2gb of corsair ram (ddr2 800), AMD 4800+, geforce 7900gs, raptor 150gb 10k rpm hdd, and some other odds and ends... Should be nice.

Back