Has any one used one of these?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
Are they any good??? Able to hold 30v for spike in voltage drop in acceleration.. The second one can hold 9v.

IMG_1184.png

IMG_1183.png

I wouldn't buy a thing from Yeah Racing. It's all junk.
Ok yea was just checking with you guys
Thanks for the advice 👍

I never added external caps before on a rc but have dealt with a lot of them on heavy machinery for voltage drops. I have noticed on one my rigs that I do have some drop at full throttle.

I have noticed on one my rigs that I do have some drop at full throttle.
That could be a battery not delivering enough amperage and having voltage drops. A lot of the Amazon batteries would probably have this happen if put in anything demanding a lot of amperage. Greywolf had some of the Amazon batteries showing a lot of voltage drop on his higher amp testing. Hoovoo, Zeee, Goldbat... they all had pretty bad voltage drop compared to others.

I've stripped enough grub screws in their wheel hexes and pinion gears to agree with you. Plus, their shocks tend to leak, but at least I know that my old soda cans are being recycled into something else.
I bought a set of shocks off them years ago that had the brass pillow balls in them. In two shocks, the pillow ball was completely seized up. After some fiddling around I got them to move, but not well enough to use them. Repeated emails to Yeah Racing amounted to nothing but more frustration. I wish they'd go out of business.

I would think it would be hard to screw up a capacitor but I have heard a lot of bad things about Y.R. over the years.

I have a set of YR shocks (desert lizard) on my Capra and they seem to perform pretty well. At least, they haven't leaked yet.

I got YR center driveshaft and center outdrives for the diffs, whatever you call those, at the LHS a few weeks ago.
80% of the parts in his Tamiya bin full of parts is YR. I seen some official Tamiya stuff but they were mostly for M chassis.

This was at the family owned shop. He used to have a track a few years ago. He raced lots of TT02s and M classes way back when. Like in 2017 so some of those parts aren't the newest. But the chassis are still the same so it doesn't really matter.

Back