Hard body love?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theekorr

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Finding myself more inclined to scaler looks for crawlers. I know performance takes a hit but a killer looking rig driving around really does it for me. I guess finding the balance between looks and performance is the goal. Anyone else find themselves leaning towards looks at the expense of some performance? Where is the love? 😁. Defender body I am working on shown here. I did not want it to be like all the others I have seen so I am trying to make it full open top with a cage. Cage work to begin soon. Thinking I can fit a regular trx cage to it to save some top side weight.

4CBBFA6E-3B37-437D-9D7A-B88DC6A994DE.jpeg

It's definitely about striking a balance to your preference, in regards to scale and performance. Years ago, I was all about crazy performance, moa, comp rigs. Today, I'm mostly about realism. Scale looks and actually driving at a more realistic scale speed.

That chopped Defender is looking sweet already!

That looks awesome. I built a hard body crawler using the SCX10 platform and performance was terrible. It was far too heavy to keep her on her feet, she is seriously top heavy.
I am going to purchase regular body just for running and keeping the hard body as a shelf queen.

It's definitely about striking a balance to your preference, in regards to scale and performance. Years ago, I was all about crazy performance, moa, comp rigs. Today, I'm mostly about realism. Scale looks and actually driving at a more realistic scale speed.

That chopped Defender is looking sweet already!
Thanks
That looks awesome. I built a hard body crawler using the SCX10 platform and performance was terrible. It was far too heavy to keep her on her feet, she is seriously top heavy.
I am going to purchase regular body just for running and keeping the hard body as a shelf queen.
I have some concern about this. I do plan for this truck to be more a trail rig with some light crawling. My sport will be more performance oriented but still would like to hardbody it as well. Maybe a rc4wd half cab or something…

I keep eyeballing the hard body rigs too. I love the look. Currently mine all have lexan bodies. I try to spruce them up as much as possible, but I have seen some amazingly detailed hard bodies that I am super jealous of.

Back