gutted hit a curb at full speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yah with alot of company's slowing down production on the nitro stuff it would be great if someone would keep some of it going. Like FLM and UE and such. Seems us nitro guys are in a losing battle.

^^ Yeah we really are losing ground on decent hop-ups. But I wanna see some carnage pictures!! I hit a storm drain grate at about 40 MPH one, tire of the buggy dropped right in and ripped the A-arm off and sent the rest of the buggy to do flaming cartwheels of death. Other than the cost is was pretty cool to watch.

I dont wanna talk about hitting immovable objects at high speeds.....my wallet hurts just thinking about it :p

Seriously though does anyone know anyone who could make aluminum steering knuckles? Id pay for a pair of them if they were 6061 T6 or 7075 aluminum.

Seriously though does anyone know anyone who could make aluminum steering knuckles? Id pay for a pair of them if they were 6061 T6 or 7075 aluminum.

That’s a big tree you’re barking at. Cost for a pair of axle carriers to be machined would be way more than what you would be willing to pay most likely.
1st you would have to have the cad program, then setup for the machining, shop time, cost of the aluminum etc.etc.
You’re probably looking at around $500.00 just to get 1 pair from a reputable machine shop.
Unless you know someone with a mill that is willing to do the labor cheap it would probably be best to find an alternative aluminum carrier that you could modify to work with what you got.

Well, I meant a person who had a mill and would be willing to help out. Id be willing to pay for materials and labor providing it was a feasible amount, and provide a sample that could be used to take the measurements and what-not. I was thinking that if said person was into RC he could even make multiple pairs and probably make some extra money on the side selling them since its one of the more common braking points on the LST2/XXL and no one makes them anymore. The hop ups I mean, the kits are still alive and well at least in the form of the XXL and the LST2 is still pretty common too.

IDK, it was just a thought but maybe its just not practical?

There is a machine shop I am affiliated with that could probably get the job you need done @ a high cost & will most definatly needs specs.

a microlathe
or a cnc microlathe
and a pillar drill are all i ask for. if i had those id be unstoppable:hehe:
right now i have a vice that is very strong and it fits in the palm of your hand. i keep it in my rc toolkit box. and i use a dremel for all my modifying. its not ideal but it helps.
already have the cad part down with autocad.
i feel the sting more so than you in the us... most hobby shops here haven't heard of hpi or traxxas.
they deal with kyoshyo, carson, team magic and thunder tiger in the things with wheels.
we have all the helicopters only the heavier planes... foamies dont do so well over in ireland you fly it you might not see it again as the wind takes it off.:hehe:
needless to say it costs me an extra tenner for every little part on ebay.:angry:

yeah thats rough fo sho man :( I always feel bad for the guys in England, Ireland, Australia, and all the other places where you guys have to pay even more money than we do here in the US which is expensive enough o_O

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sorry there so late

Ahhhh that's a nasty hit :whhooo:

I've never had luck with pan style chassis. My first mt was pan style and first curb hit I bent the crap out of the chassis and all the rear end parts came flyin at me lol. But you take a deep breath, mentally watch the crash again and tell yourself awesome :D then go searching for missing parts and replace the broken ones. It's a viscous cycle lol

started the rebuild few more parts to come from Austria an al be back out there to bash & break it some more haha

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
i had the same exact thought @ rolex

damn op hope you never have that happen again ( probably will )

had my first minor not crash but well driving my truggy i stop and my front right wheel kept on going damn screw came loose so lost the screw and the aluminum wheel adapter for my tomahawk ST ( searching ebay for them now )

luckily i managed to mod my FTX rampage hex adapters for now i guess breaking/losing things is just part of the hobby/fun

Well it was a nice truck and will be again soon enough. Nice carnage tho. :hehe:

as much fun as it is rebuilding i no the feeling, crashed mine in the car park at work, (also in uk) and luckily enough alot of what needed i had as spares from the guy i bought it from but one part i had to have shipped from usa and postage cost me more then the part its self only to find a couple months latter there is a uk seller for the part now

... a note on knuckles ....

Some one needs to buy a mill and then make me a pair of aluminum steering knuckles for my XXL :p
I'm pretty sure I'm committing a cardinal posting sin by replying here , but ii too have big issues with mine.. U might laugh, but they're plastic and real ol school and the round balls keep popping outta their plastic cups!!! Have dicided to make new ones outta brass with balls slightly larger to stop them popping out ...so ill try to put up pics when I'm done? Thanks and apologies if I went about this reply the wrong way